Gracie Update

From email 2/21/06
Friends & Family:

Its been a while since the last "Gracie Update," and since I am sure that you all just love to hear about our adorable toddler--you have to wait no longer :)
Just when we thought that winter was going to skip Northern Virginia all together, we got 12 inches of snow mid February. Gracie had a blast for the second year in her homemade laundry basket sled. Her father was embarrassed by it for the second year in a row. He wants to get her one of those $8 plastic death traps from Wal Mart, which he calmly refers to as a "snow dish." She does love the snow regardless of how she gets to play in it. Although, the fun part this year was watching her try to walk in it. She couldn't walk last winter.
Gracie hosted her first ever "Tea Party," this month on Valentine's Day. I invited three other sets of mothers and daughters to join us (two from the apartment we live in, and another set that used to live here in the apartment). Gracie had a wonderful time. I went all out. I decorated the place, I made homemade party hats out of construction paper, we had red cool aid and animal crackers--it was a feast fit for a princess! I love Valentine's Day so much, that it was a real treat. The sad part is that it has taken me three years to really try and get to know my neighbors. It is so easy to stay cooped up in this apartment with Gracie, and not get out and make new friends. I still really miss the old friends I had. But, Gracie and I are unfolding our "social butterfly" wings now, and I am sure that we will have plenty more chances to entertain.
In less than 2 weeks my little baby, will officially no longer be a "baby" anymore. Gracie turns 2 March 5th. I am so proud of all that she has accomplished, and how much she has grown, but I wouldn't be a mommy if I wasn't a little sad. We have decided to have a party for her here in Strasburg this year. I am planning a "farm" theme. Mom and Dad will come down, so it will likely be the 5 of us, but I am thinking of inviting the same neighbors for a small birthday get together the Friday before.
Potty training is not going well, as Gracie has decided she no longer has the time or the energy to try. I guess they just go through phases like that--she had been doing so well, but clearly she isn't ready yet, and we aren't going to push her. As far as skills are concerned, our little prodigy knows all of her colors and abc's (she's known them since 18 months), she can count to 20, sing 10 nursery rhymes and songs with all the words, and she is now putting together puzzles with pieces. We are so very proud of our little munchkin. Please don't think I am bragging...well I am, but for some in the family, these emails are the only way they keep up with how Gracie is growing.
I continue to update my blog daily (http://allaboutgracie.blogspot.com/), and now Garren has decided to add his two cents worth as well, so you can see both sides of the parental structure here in Strasburg. We are all doing well, and appreciate the cards and birthday wishes for Garren in January and me on the 15th of this month. We miss those of you we don't see often, and maybe this spring and summer will open up opportunities for us to visit you. Please let us know how you are doing, we would love to hear from you all.


Attached are some of the best pictures from these two months. For more pictures:

January 2006
Valentine's Day Tea Party
February 2006


With Love,
Barbara, Garren & Gracie

3 Responses to "Gracie Update"

  1. Anonymous7:02 PM

    She is so cute!

    Sounds like you guys are doing well!

    We have seen some snow of late. 3-20" two weeks ago and 3" this past Saturday with another 1 to 3" on Sunday!

    Have fun with that potty training!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:02 PM

    Gracie is adorable!!!!
    I hope you are all well. I enjoy getting updated on Gracie and her parents!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous3:32 PM

    how excited you are that gracie is getting ready for a birthday. i hope all of you will have a wonderful time. we have had little snow here so far this winter, maybe we will be spared this winter. enjoy your weekend!!

    ReplyDelete

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel