Teaching Mommy

Boy did I learn a lot today about shapes.

My first lesson began today during lunch. I was eating my baked potato when Gracie asked for the chalk to her chalkboard. I gave her a piece and she began to draw circles and then she looked at me and pointed to the board and said "what's that?!" It was so cute, it took all I had not to laugh at her. I answered "a circle?" She said "circle!" Then she drew two more and said "three circles."

I was so glad that I had gotten my shape lesson. But, she wasn't quite finished with me yet. After I cleaned up from lunch, she took me in to her room to play "shapes," with her snail shape sorter.

She conquered this very difficult sorter about two months ago, but now she is so good, and is very proud of herself so she wants to do it all the time.

Anyway, she dumped the shapes out and handed them to me and said "here go momma." She wanted to test my ability. I asked her where the first one went (a flower), and she was kind enough to show me. And, she gave me a second chance to get it right. What a patient teacher!

2 Responses to "Teaching Mommy"

  1. Anonymous6:44 PM

    Keep working, I just got to shapes in one of my honors courses.

    You'll get it if you keep trying

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous1:52 PM

    Try drawing shapes in Cool Whip! When she gets older, let her write her letters in it too! Kids love it.

    ReplyDelete

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel