Finally Ready

Guess what! I am finally ready to be a stay at home mom.

I hit a wonderful point in my life today as I realized that I can do it. It may not be perfect, but I can do it!

Garren left early this morning for Richmond, so I was alone with Gracie, which isn't that unusual but its important that you know I couldn't just call and ask him to come home today.

It was such a beautiful day I didn't want to waste it. So, after "brunch" I dressed Gracie and we headed to the park. You can read more about the exciting time Gracie had in the above entry. But, this trip to the park proved that Gracie wasn't the only person in this family learning to be stronger.

When Gracie decided to go down the HUGE slide by herself I knew I had to get down quickly as well. Gracie started to run off to something more exciting, and I didn't want to take the time to climb down all those steps since she was running and I wanted to keep an eye on her. Now, I have gone down this slide a hundred times with Gracie on my lap...but this time, I tried to sit down too quickly and my foot fell out from underneath me and I fell onto the slide from a nearly standing position and then slid down. The pain didn't hit until after the extreme dizziness and immediate nausea. I was fighting just to stand up and not throw up, and trying to find Gracie. I somehow made it to a large post and I wrapped my arms around it to steady myself. Meanwhile, Gracie is climbing and climbing. I stood there praying over and over again for me not to pass out, I had to keep an eye on Gracie. I found my way to a bench and sat still for 10 minutes as Gracie, still oblivious, had a good time. I knew I couldn't drive us home until I could stand up with out falling over, and Garren was in Richmond (3 hours away). So, 15 minutes later I grabbed a very upset Gracie and headed to the car. She was furious that I wouldn't let her stay and play. She kept taking her hand away and running, and since I couldn't pick her up, I grabbed an overall strap and held her close to my body until we got to the car. Somehow I got us home and got her upstairs and got her hands washed, but it was 3 hours until the nausea and dizziness completely went away. I had overcome just one of the obstacles life had thrown at me that day.

I received more challenges after dinner. Gracie wanted mac and cheese and I didn't argue. Then, she wanted grapes, no problem. But, half way through the grapes Gracie begins to smell. I don't want to gross readers out, but it was very bad and the Pamper she had on didn't contain it. I laid her down and started to change her, half way through, Gracie flips over and throws up every thing she has eaten! Now I am covered in poop and puke and all I could think about was calming a shaking Gracie down and getting it away from her nose and mouth.

I slipped right in to "mommy mode." I stripped Gracie down and headed straight for the tub. I got Gracie cleaned up and soothed her, and she was just fine! After her bath, I turned on Baby Einstein and cleaned up the very messy living room.

Now, the point of these stories is not to complain. Ordinarily after a day like this I would be banging my fingers on the keys and going on and on in a blog or email about the disastrous day. But, not today. I feel like I earned my wings. Not because of all the trials, but because I handled them all, and handled them well! You see, I am very proud of everything I found out I could do today! I didn't panic, I kept my head at all times, and when another challenge reared its head I remained calm and in control!

So, now I guess I am finally ready to be a stay at home mom!

By the way my tailbone is soooo bruised, as is my rear-end and my right hip. I am still in pain but I will survive. And, I don't think Gracie threw up as much as choked on a grape. She had dumped the cup of grapes I had given her when I told her she needed to be changed. I thought I had picked them all up, but I think she may have had one in her mouth that I didn't see. I think she choked and then threw up. I am not sure, but she was just fine when I put her to bed--although, I plan to watch her a lot more carefully when she eats grapes!!

1 Response to "Finally Ready"

  1. Anonymous6:50 PM

    Once again, Barbara, thanks for the free birth control from miles away! Ha! We always cut grapes in half for Christian. My mom has always had a big fear of choking!

    ReplyDelete

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel