Gracie Has An "Owie"

Garren was on Saturday duty today, but wanting to keep with our tradition of "family time weekends," we made an evening play date at the park for the three of us.

After a lasagne dinner, we watched our little dare-devil climb and run and do even more things on her own at the park than she has ever done before. She has so much fun exploring and being just plain adventurous. It is wonderful and frightening to watch. Especially the slips and falls. She popped up each time though, and said "it's okay momma," or "I okay momma." I guess she could see the grimace on my face that I was trying to hide under my "jump-up-and-dust-off" look.

Gracie had so much fun (as usual), that we had to bribe her off the playground. She was very tired and the wind was starting to get chilly. Well, I guess it isn't bribing when we had already planned to make ice cream cones at home--let's just say it helped us avoid a teary playground exit.

Gracie ran ahead of us when we pulled in to our apartment parking lot and headed up the two concrete steps that lead to our building. She is getting faster and faster at the steps....but it's the third one that's a doozy! Gracie fell on the concrete and scraped her knee. She burst into tears. Her daddy carried her up the stairs to the second floor where we live and sat her down while I got the ice. We thought that it proabably wasn't a bad boo-boo since she was so tired and can be a drama queen when she gets tired. But, she did in fact have a pretty big scrape--with blood and everything. We put some ice on it and tried to soothe her. I would like to say that the mommy hugs cured her, but I think it was the reminder that we were going to have ice cream cones that made her face turn from tear-stained mud to big smile in a hurry.

I thought I would share Gracie's war wound epic with you, and show you what a brave girl she is. We cleaned the boo-boo and she got some anti-biotic cream.

Now, don't get the wrong idea--this child has had plenty of scrapes and skinned knees in the past two years. I just thought that this one bared mentioning, as even the most super hero of kids need a boo-boo kissed every now and then to remind them (and their parents) that they are only human.

**I had an adorable picture that I took of her sitting on her daddy's lap holding ice wrapped up in a towl on her boo-boo, but somehow my computer lost the picture after I dowloaded it from the camera!!! I am not a happy camper--but I want to remember the story anyway and share it with others, so I won't delete this blog entry.**

1 Response to "Gracie Has An "Owie""

  1. Anonymous6:58 PM

    Just guessing, I'd say it hurt you more than it did Gracie! I suppose ice cream can cure anything.

    ReplyDelete

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel