Dinner Party

Well, does Papa John's pizza and sock/bare feet count as a dinner party?

We finally got around to inviting our neighbors over to dinner tonight, and we all had a wonderful time.

We have lived in this apartment for over 3 years now, and Tom, Colette & Mallory have lived next door just as long. I wish I could be more outgoing, but I am just as nervous about meeting new people as Gracie is. When I worked it was easier, you saw those people everyday and you worked with them and you depended on each other, and it wasn't long before some strong bonds were made. But, out on your own is much different.

There are 10 apartments in this building, each with their own lives and daily schedules. I guess I don't want to bother people, or maybe I am afraid that Gracie will be too much, or more likely because it is just easier to stay on our side of the door. Anyway, how can I help Gracie if I can't help myself?

In February I decided to be more outgoing and I invited Colette & Mallory along with downstairs neighbors Tara and Leelou to a tea party, and now we have one a month. Colette and I realized then we were so much alike, and we had a feeling our husbands would also get a long. So, five months later we finally got the families together.

Once she was well awake from her nap, it didn't take Gracie long to warm up to Tom. She already knew Colette & Mallory, so she had a wonderful time pulling out all sorts of toys and getting tons of attention, and at times applause. Tom and Gracie played with circle ball, and later I found her putting her ponytail holders on Tom's fingers like rings!

I think we all enjoyed the visit and resigned to do it again soon. Their family is so much like ours; a laid back, mostly quiet Christian family whose daughter is the center of their world. Plus, they brought brownies!

1 Response to "Dinner Party"

  1. Anonymous6:23 PM

    Gracie,
    You seem to enjoy seeing jewelry on men! How silly!

    ReplyDelete

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel