Proud Toddler

"Did it by yourself momma!"

Gracie was so proud yesterday evening of her newest accomplishment: cutting with scissors by herself for the first time.

The kitchen table was covered with scrapbooking materials I had been using while Gracie was taking a nap, and now she wanted to make a craft too. She found the scissors, and as usual I took them before she could touch them. But, then I remembered the pair of safety scissors mom had given me several months ago. I decided she could at least try to use them. She seemed very interested in all the tools that mommy uses to make crafts. After digging for a while, I found them and gave them to Gracie. She didn't even wait for me to help explain how to use them. Next thing I know she is cutting the paper that I gave her! She doesn't put her fingers through the holes yet, she just pushes them together with her fingers, but it works and she is very proud.

The last time I let her "use" scissors was at the end of August. She had begged me to let her use them, so I held the scissors and let her push them together with her fingers. She was ecstatic at this new found skill, so you can imagine how happy she was to have her own pair, and to do it herself.

This video was taken last night during our impromptu craft time, and I wanted to share it--if nothing else for the joy that you see on her face. And yes she does describe her art work as beautiful-gorgeous. She may have gotten those words from me. After all, I think everything she does is beautiful and gorgeous!


2 Responses to "Proud Toddler"

  1. Anonymous5:54 PM

    Wow, Gracie! Maybe you could come and help me teach my big fourth graders how to use scissors properly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:34 AM

    Gracie
    You are a "beautiful, gorgeous" little girl! When mamaw comes to see you I want you to read me a story and maybe we can make a craft together.

    Love you bunches

    ReplyDelete

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel