Teddy Bear Tea Party

Not many things could be cuter...could they?!

Gracie and I hosted our monthly tea party for the other girls and mothers in the apartment this afternoon. A book my mother had given me on "the perfect tea party," had the adorable idea for a teddy bear tea. We invited each of the girls to bring their own teddy to the party. Well you know me, once the ideas get rolling--there is no stopping them!

Here's a look at our bear-themed party:



*Menu*

Beary Sandwiches

Teddy Grahams

Gummi Bears

Bear Cakes

Cherry Cool-Aid


*Activities*

Snacks

Bear Parade

Pictures

Storytime

Crafts

What a fun time we had. The girls went outside to show off their bears in a parade. Gracie had a little trouble with the concept, but the 2 older girls helped her stay in line. About 3 minutes in to the parade (around the parking lot), the rain began to fall, so we went back in for more fun. After pictures with their bears, I read the girls A Pocket For Corduroy and they all seemed to really enjoy it.

On to craft time. Each girl got a cut out of a teddy bear and they were allowed to decorate it anyway they liked. This seemed to be the highlight of the afternoon as each girl painstakingly picked from a mound of craft supplies to appropriately dress their bear. We mothers got in on the fun too by helping cut, glue and offer suggestions to the decorating divas. Once craft time was complete the girls were off and playing with the many toys in Gracie's room.

These tea parties are such a joy to me, and I so enjoy the company. This is the first time I planned activities other than eating, and I think we all had just as much fun--if not more. Each girl got a certificate of participation for the parade and I handed out awards for each bear. They also got to keep a booklet that I printed out that had the above menu and activities printed on it. I told you, I can really be creative! But the best part were the girls getting together and having a good time, not to mention us moms getting a chance to talk to each other as well.

As usual I took a ton of pictures. If you want to see them click here. You will notice that Gracie was definitely dressed for the occasion in an adorable plaid dress with teddy bears on the collar. Oh, and her bear's name is "Carter," and he won the award for "Cuddliest Bear."

1 Response to "Teddy Bear Tea Party"

  1. Anonymous10:46 AM

    Wow! I have seen lots of bears and lots of tea parties, but I think this is the best one I have seen yet! I am so glad you had such a good time with your friends. Keep having fun!

    ReplyDelete

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel