Through The Years


It's been one of those years--the kind that you might rather forget. So much pain, so much loss and too much heartache.

I was sitting down and trying to think of what to say about the last six years Garren and I have been together. Today, they seem like a blur. Isn't it funny how when you have been together for so long, that it seems more like a lifetime than a certain amount of years? Maybe its because we are old, or because we don't have an exciting lifestyle--but, I think its probably because when you find someone you love as much as we love each other time no longer matters.

We have plenty of moments. I remember our wedding day in clear detail (it was a disaster by the way), I still remember everything about the day he proposed, I will never forget the day we met in person (another disaster). For me, those moments have added with the day I puked on his shoes trying to have Gracie, the day he nearly fainted in Walmart hours after I told him I was pregnant, listening to him breathe frantically outside the hospital curtain in the ER following my accident, the day we moved in to this home, our first Christmas, the night I caught the stove burner covers on fire. That list could go on for a million more moments that have added up to a lifetime of love. So, I guess while it is technically our sixth anniversary it seems like so much more to celebrate.

While this year in particular has been so hard, I found myself realizing just how much Garren supported me. Its so easy sometimes to say things to people like "I Love You," "I am here for you," "lean on me;" but it is much harder to show them. This year my husband held my hand and let me cry on his shoulder more times that I can count, and I felt more love in those moments than with any declaration. You see it is the times that aren't so sunny and romantic that we find out how much we truly love each other, and how much we are loved. So, I guess that God did find away to ease my pain, by reminding me of that wonderful man I get to keep for the rest of a lifetime.

Tonight there won't be dancing, we won't be on a cruise, or even share a bottle of wine; and while you may think that it is shame--don't. Tonight I am making lasagne and bread, there will be football on somewhere and two people who don't need expensive meals and lavish presents will make another memory in their small home with their little child and their abundant love.


2 Responses to "Through The Years"

  1. Anonymous8:34 PM

    We hope you had a wonderful anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12:29 PM

    I hope you have a wonderful anniversary. I must say that I did a pretty good job at setting the two of you up.

    ReplyDelete

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel