Christmas Tea Party

I think that this afternoon's tea party was the most fun of all the ones we have had so far!

The girls (and their mom's) seemed to have the best time decorating their very own gingerbread creations.

I had decided weeks ago that this would be a fun project. We would use graham crackers and icing to make the structures and then decorate with the 2 tons of left over Halloween candy we had. It sounded fun, but by Monday I was starting to worry about how hard it might be to make the actual gingerbread houses. So, I set out to make one and see. An hour later I was up to my elbows in icing and muttering under my breath. Needless to say, I though that making the houses would prove to be too frustrating for my 2 year old as well as for Leelou who is 7. Since I was already a mess, I worked an additional 2 hours and made all the structures. Once I figured out how to make the basic house it was easy. But, then the creative side of me kicked in! I added on to the houses and made one into a church, one in to a school house and then I found some graham cracker sticks and made an adorable log cabin complete with fireplace! I let the structures dry all week, and I am really glad that I went ahead and did the hard part.

The girls were delighted at decorating these gingerbread homes. Leelou picked the log cabin and made trees out of green lollipops and even created a snowman for the "front yard" with marshmallows. Mallory wanted the house and she didn't hold back when it came to the trimmings complete with chocolate shaped doors and windows! I had made the church for Gracie, so I was glad we got to decorate that one. We picked Smarties for the shingles, and I used lollipops for our stained glass windows. We all had so much fun making these homes and you can really see that in the pictures.

If you have an older child I really recommend this craft, even if you buy one of those kits. It was so much fun and everyone's creativity shown through!

**Gracie really got into this one and she did a lot of the work. Her favorite parts were spreading on the icing, and sneaking candy when I wasn't looking! :) **

1 Response to "Christmas Tea Party"

  1. Anonymous5:19 PM

    I just read Gracie's blog. The houses are beautiful. I'm not sure who looks like they had the most fun. It's really great you have the mother-daughter tea parties. They seem wonderful.

    ReplyDelete

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel