Gracie's First Haircut

The baby mullet has been trimmed!


Tonight was the first time I have ever cut Gracie's hair. Only once before did I trim 3-4 strands of hair that kept getting in her eyes. So, technically Gracie still has all of her original baby hair.

That was until after bathtime tonight.

Gracie was NOT a big fan of the hair cutting idea, but it was way past time for a trim. Her hair was wild and stringy and I know it needed to be trimmed so it could grow longer and healthier.

Besides not wanting to cut off the hair that was there the day she was born, I was not thrilled at the prospect of losing her curls. As her hair has gotten longer she has developed the cutest curls at the ends of her hair (she definitely gets that from Garren, my hair is flatter than an ironing board!).

I figured after bathtime was best since her hair would be wet. I sat her on the bathroom sink counter and combed it all out nice and neat. Gracie cried and cried over this, telling me she didn't want me to cut her hair. Garren and I reassured her that it would be fine. It only took 4 snips and her hair was shorter and even. I of course saved the hair that was cut.

Only 10 minutes later her hair was dry and so were her tears. And guess what! She has even more curls than she started with! It really looks good to. I am glad that I finally bit the bullet and trimmed the baby mullet.

I have put all the pictures from tonight's hair cutting on Picasa. Enjoy!





***Above: (top-left) This is how most of the hair cutting went, and I hadn't even started yet! (top-middle)I fluff Gracie's new hairdo and she starts to dry her tears. 9top-right) Graci e's new do all dried, you've gotta love the curls! (Bottom) The first snip of the scissors. (Very Bottom) Gracie had quite a head of hair when she was born, and it was hard to cut any part of it!***

3 Responses to "Gracie's First Haircut"

  1. Anonymous8:27 PM

    She is growing up so fast. Great photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:28 PM

    I like it short it shows more of her pretty face, but I can understand how you hated to cut her baby hair.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Patsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous8:28 PM

    I definitely think you two should be reported for torturing our grandchild. ( She is still very cute!)

    ReplyDelete

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel