Funny Later? Fat Chance!

My mom says that we will look back on this later and laugh--but, I doubt it.

I apologize to all of my loyal readers for not updating much lately, but I have been down and out. I previously mentioned catching some sort of illness from a small cheerleader last week. It seems the germ and my innate stubbornness have combined to create a very bad case of Strep Throat.

Gracie and I were scheduled to go home on Friday, but I was so weak I was afraid to drive us 3 hours to Strasburg. By Saturday I hadn't slept or eaten in 2 days and the pain was so bad I could do nothing but cry. On Sunday, the pain was so intense that my effort at avoiding the doctor was weakened. Mom watched Gracie while I headed to one of those treatment centers, you know the kind that treat anybody, any illness. Anyway, I was diagnosed with a bad case of Strep. I figured that was what it was on Friday when I looked it up on the internet--but I was determined to wait it out since WebMD said it would go away with or without treatment in 3-7 days. I guess my pain threshold wasn't up to par--because now I am on a 10-day antibiotic and my throat is so bad that I still haven't eaten much and I get little sleep.

The doctor who saw me said it would take 48 hours to feel better, so here's hoping. And while I am starving, lack of food (even ice cream and mashed potato hurts!!!) for going on 5 days couldn't hurt the waistline!

In the meantime, neither mom or Gracie show signs of getting Strep--thank God! So, they are having a good time entertaining one another. I will see what I can do about taking and posting some more pictures soon. But, until then I will focusing all my "powers" on shrinking my inflamed throat!

1 Response to "Funny Later? Fat Chance!"

  1. Anonymous7:05 PM

    Hope you feel lots better...and quick!

    ReplyDelete

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel