Great Way To Start 29!

And I meant that sarcastically.

Today I am 29, but more importantly I am sick as a dog!

Apparently one of the mini cheerleaders I met on Tuesday was also a mini-germ carrier. I developed a huge lump in my throat last night and things have only gotten worse. I have chills, a 102 fever, body aches, and the lump in my throat is so painful it hurts to swallow.

But, I digress. Candice, who only recently got over the same thing says that the worst is over in 3 days, but she like others I have heard from had it for 2 weeks!! Yea me!

So far Gracie is fine, but it must be a bad omen to start the last year of my 20's in such misery.

But, my birthday wasn't a total loss; Gracie made me a card (with Grandma's help) and I got a Dairy Queen ice cream cake--my absolute favorite!!! Plus, Garren and Candice both called to wish me Happy Birthday. So, maybe 29 won't be so bad after all, but we'll see how things look in another 2 days ;)

PS: thanks to those of you who called, emailed, and sent cards. It feels very nice to be remembered!

***Grandpa lights the candles, while Gracie very anxiously waits to "eat the cake now!" Brian took the picture, so it's a bit blurry, but still a very sweet gesture for my parents to make such a big deal of my birthday! **

2 Responses to "Great Way To Start 29!"

  1. Anonymous9:54 PM

    Happy Birthday Barbara. Hope you have a special day.

    Katie & Matt

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:54 PM

    Hi BJ!

    I hope you have a lovely birthday with lots of hugs and kisses from your family! I also hope that Gracie takes a nap, is cheerful and happy, and that you and Garren get to have some time together.

    Have a wonderful day!
    love, heather :)

    ReplyDelete

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel