Plants In The Ground!

Garren, Gracie and I worked some more on the garden this afternoon, and it looks awesome! I have a rock border around the edges and a welcome sign and everything. Even though the idea is to let the girls plant the flowers and vegetables, we went ahead and planted the few things that we had here, so they have a better change of growing.

I am so excited about the whole project. It came together so well. I plan to send out invitations for this Friday so the girls can get down and in the dirt. I will get the tomato sets and more marigolds maybe Wednesday so we will have things to plant on Friday. The plan is to plant the rest in seeds. I have tons of different veggies I want to grow like : corn, squash, cucumbers, watermelons, potatoes, pumpkins, tomatoes, carrots, strawberries and green peppers. I even have a drawn out map where everything is going to go.

You can tell I am so excited.


Gracie is excited too--but a late afternoon bo-bo made her sour on the project. Gracie tripped and fell on the asphalt as she was following Garren upstairs and scraped herself pretty good. I would say it's her biggest owie to date. Garren cleaned her up and bandaged it--but she milked it pretty good. She sat the rest of the evening on a rock chair Garren "made" her next to the garden and sort of supervised while she held a towel over her knee (I don't know why, I think it just made her feel better). She "had" to be carried everywhere and was quite the pitiful princess. While I am positive she hasn't been hurt that bad (just a little blood), she likely bruised her knee a bit. But, Garren and I are confident she will make a full recovery. You are welcome to leave your bo-bo sympathies if you would like though. :)

2 Responses to "Plants In The Ground!"

  1. Anonymous7:09 AM

    Gracie, Oh no :(
    Grandpa and I are so sorry you hurt your knee. We're glad you were carried so it wouldn't hurt as much. We are sending kisses hoping they will help to make your knee feel better.
    x x x x x x x x x x x x x
    Grandpa and Grandma hope your knee feels better soon. We love you very much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous4:15 PM

    Good luck with your gardening. Gracie, have fun picking those tomatoes! You sure did a great job of picking tomatoes at my house last summer.

    ReplyDelete

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel