We're Home

What an adventurous week we spent in Tennessee with Mamaw, Papaw, Aunt Heather, the boys...and too many more to mention.

I could write a novel about everything we did, but I think I will just share the highlights.

On Saturday, we attended a picnic at Aunt Janie's. Much of the family attended and got a peak at Gracie. The last time we were in was in March for Gracie's 3rd birthday, she had obviously grown. Gracie was pretty cheery despite the gross lack of sleep. After the picnic we took her to the movies, just Garren and I. We saw Ratatouille. It was a very cute movie and Gracie loved it and the extra large tub of popcorn. After the movie none of us were ready to head back, so we stopped and ate ice cream at TCBY on the patio. It was some nice family time together.


Sunday was a restful day, so I will skip to Monday. We took Gracie to Jonesborough for her first trip to a water park. This is a small park, nothing like Wet-N-Wild or anything, but still pretty nice. Gracie had a fantastic time, well after she stopped being a chicken. We had a hard time getting her to do anything but let Daddy hold her in the water. We stayed several hours, and we all ended up having a good time. Gracie got brave and went down the kiddie slides on Daddy's lap. Mommy found an awesome slide for her and went down several times. Despite the extra stops for more sunscreen, Garren and I burnt pretty bad (and we were using SPF 60!!), Gracie was fine though--just several shades darker. It was an extremely hot day.

Tuesday the boys went and did their shooting thing, which I of course refuse to be apart of, so I took Gracie to Johnson City, just us girls. We hit a few thrift stores (Candice was right you can't find anything there. I think it is a difference in cultural: there you reuse things until they are nearly trash, here people get bored with something and they throw it out.) I also took Gracie to my favorite Chinese restaurant. When we got back, Gracie took a non-nap and we went back out with Mamaw and Aunt Heather. Mamaw had her mind set on getting Gracie a bicycle, and she did. Gracie is the proud owner of her very first bike. A Dora one with backpack on the front and map. She looks so big on it with her helmet and pads. When Daddy and the boys got back from their day, he helped Gracie try and pedal. I helped her for a long time and she just couldn't get it. Unfortunately for me the pedals don't move when you push the bike.


Wednesday was a rough day, sort of. Gracie is so exhausted by this point. Going to bed late, very little sleep, and no naps all week! I tried to get her to rest most of the day knowing that we were going to Knoxville in the afternoon. This did not work and only made mommy and Gracie cranky. We recovered though. We had a nice dinner in Knoxville at Calhoun's (my favorite!!!) with friends Katie and Matt. After dinner we all went up in the sun sphere. It hasn't been open to the public since the World's Fair! It was really neat in there, and I am glad Katie suggested it. After our amazing view we went to Katie and Matt's home and met Trixie their adorable dog. Gracie and Trixie hit it off, but we didn't stay long. I was so embarrassed. Gracie was so tired and very punchy. She was jumping up and down, she was climbing on their furniture. It was like someone else's uncontrollable child. She has never acted like that, and I was so ashamed. I didn't yell at her or anything, I knew she was tired, but she wouldn't listen and she was getting more rowdy by the minute. I really hope they didn't think us rude!


Thursday we spent the day with Candice, well most of it. Gracie and I got to Candice and Elliott's before noon. We had a delicious lunch of BBQ, corn fresh from the garden, along with tomatoes and potatoes also fresh from the garden! After lunch and playing with Lucie we went to see the goats. Gracie liked Sassie and Nellie, but they weren't to sure about her. They warmed up enough though to let Gracie feed them from her hand. Too cute! We took a break from the goats and the hot sun in the pool. Elliott's mother and father live next door to them and they have a pool. They are very sweet people and we appreciate them sharing their pool, or as Gracie dubbed it: "Elliott's water." Gracie had a great time. She and Elliott splashed and played, and the more time we spent in the pool the more brave she got. Towards the end she was jumping end by just holding on of my hands! I love those confidence suits! We had to leave Candice and Elliott's before dinner as Mamaw was hosting a rather large picnic at her house that night. (Daddy had stayed behind to help with grilling and setting up and such)

The picnic was a huge success and we got to see many more relatives that we hadn't seen in a while like DeAnna, Jimmy and their 2 boys Cody & Cory. Gracie was actually quite outgoing. She wanted to play the games that Mamaw had set out. Not having little girls of their own, Aunt Heather and DeAnna took turns playing with Gracie. It was very neat to watch. Gracie had such a good time she actually broke in to tears when I made her got inside and get ready for bed.

Tweetsie Railroad was next, and I had the best time ever! I kept telling people I wasn't sure who had more fun: me or Gracie! It was the cutest place ever, although I must admit I wasn't sure if the drive up there would be worth it. Puke city! But, it was. They had rides just prefect for Gracie. There were very few people, so we only stood in line for 2 rides that I can think of. We rode the big train, the little train, Ferris wheel, the carousel (5 times!!! Gracie kept wanting to go back!), the chair lift, and the boats. We saw 4 shows and spent time in all the cute shops. It really was a fantastic day. It wasn't hot, in fact it was nice and breezy, but the sun was out. The only disappointment I had was that they closed at 6. I would have stayed all night if they would have let me! Gracie got several cute souvenirs including the pink cowgirl hat that I just had to get her. We also got postcards, a key chain and several souvenir cups.

These were just a few of the highlights from the week. It was very busy, and I was glad that we found time for extended family, but also had things for just the 3 of us like the movie, water park, Knoxville, and Tweetsie. I have put a ton of pictures on Picasa. I hope you enjoy--click here.

We extend many thanks to all of the people who fed us, and let us crash at their home, and who we visited and played with Gracie. We all miss Tennessee a great deal, just as much as you miss having us there.

More extended picture album (this has more of family members, the other folder is mainly of Gracie) click here.

1 Response to "We're Home"

  1. Anonymous9:52 AM

    We didn't think you were rude at all--furniture is meant to be climbed on. :) Gracie was adorable & we were so happy to see you.

    Trixie Lulu says hello.

    ReplyDelete

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel