Brave Little Toasters

Gracie and Daddy and Mommy were brave little toasters today. Being the quite shy family that we are, it took a lot of bravery to join the group for today's festivities...but we did it!

Gracie had a wonderful time at Strasburg UMC's Bible school. It was today from 9am to 1:45pm. Fearing that my daughter would melt down if I left her, I asked if it would be okay for me to stay with her when I called to "sign up' on Wednesday. This worked out well because they needed a parent helper for the 3 to 4 year old class.

Gracie was in a class with 3 others: Allison, Brady & Carson. She was very shy at first and clung to me, but about 30 minutes in to the program she was starting to have a lot of fun and was more willing to jump right in. The crafts were super cute, and the songs were simple and Gracie sang right along with the other kids. There were also stories, videos and lunch.

I am so glad that I got Gracie involved, and I had a neat time watching her blossom. Tomorrow all of the kids will sing their special song for the congregation during the service, and I am crossing my fingers that she will go up there and sing like she did today.

After Bible school all of the kids were invited to a pool party at the town pool. It was very cool today, but Gracie had made some friends and I didn't want to deprive her of the party, so we went. The water in the pool was about as chilly as it was outside! I let Gracie play for about 2 hours and then we wrapped it up. Luckily, Carson from Bible school was in the kiddie pool with Gracie and they had a great time splashing and and playing.

Now, the church picnic was after the pool party, and I hadn't planned on attending. But, I had met so many nice people today, and Gracie was making friends....so, I made the last minute decision to go. I ran to the Food Lion and got lots of veggies and dip to take and I drug Garren along. I am glad that I went. I talked with several more people, and had a great conversation with Carson's mom and dad and we are planning on a play date for the kids soon. Gracie spent most of her time playing on the playground with Daddy, but she enjoyed herself.

We didn't stay at the picnic too long, after all it had been a very long day for us.

I am so glad that I got brave. Gracie and I met some wonderful people, and it was a great opportunity for her to be sociable.

Oh, and before I forget; one of the ladies at Bible school is the owner/operator of Grasshopper Green preschool (the preschool inside our church), and she told me there was room for Gracie and her school is 2 days a week 9-11:45. This is just what I was looking for, something a few times a week for a few hours!!!! Plus, they concentrate on socialization and sharing. I am so excited. I was thinking of waiting until next year, but she really wants to go to school and I want her to have every advantage before Kindergarten. They are having a parent orientation next week. I will just have to find away to budget in the $85 a month they charge. So, I guess there is another good reason for us to have gone today. God does answer prayers.

Bible School Pictures

1 Response to "Brave Little Toasters"

  1. Anonymous3:32 PM

    Gracie, it looks like you had such a fun weekend! Oh how I wish you could be here when we have our VBS at my church. It is tons of fun! You were so brave to get up on that stage in front of everyone! I'm so proud of you. You really are such big girl now. Have fun at preschool. I hope you make lots of new friends.

    ReplyDelete

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel