Ladies Tea

I am not sure who had more fun, Gracie or I! And, now I want a hat!

We attended the afternoon tea hosted by the United Methodist Women today and had the best time.

I dressed Gracie up in the cutest tea party dress and I even tried to gussy myself up as well. When we got there Gracie was the only child, and I was youngest "lady," but we had a grand time. Most of the ladies were really decked out. They reminded me so much of my Aunt Lou, only they were wearing hats. I love them--and I want hats now. I am sure I could pull it off.

The tables were done up so fancy, and each one had a platter of tiny cakes and sandwiches and fruit. I got my first taste of a cucumber sandwich--and I love it!

Everyone brought thier own tea cup and saucer. I brought Gracie's Fisher Price tea set so she wouldn't worry about breaking anything.

They brought hot water to the table (I filled Gracie's pot up with cool water), and we had individual tea bags and cubes of sugar and everything. (Can you tell I had the best time!)

I poured Gracie some water and gave her a tea bag and showed her how to dip it. She added a sugar cube and stirred so daintily. She didn't want to pick up the cup and drink, so she drank it a spoonful at a time and loved it. She tasted each of the treats including the cucumber sandwiches (also loved it), but her favorite were the tiny cakes with icing roses.

As the tea wore down, we got another surprise. Gracie's place setting had a number on it which meant she won a prize. She got a tea pot cookie cutter.

What a wonderful time. The ladies were so sweet and I was in my element; a formal tea with not so formal women. It was like an afternoon with Lou when she pulled out the special dishes just for us. I was in heaven.

Tea Party & Bible School Pictures

1 Response to "Ladies Tea"

  1. Anonymous3:21 PM

    This sounds like a good day! I am the ONLY young person in our UMW, but I honestly don't mind. I love the ladies in our church soooo much. I really feel welcome there. I love my small church...unlike the big shot church that I used to go to where you had to be in a clique just like in high school! I've learned so much from these women. I even learned a nice tip for making sandwiches (for like a sandwich tray or something). You put your fresh bread in the freezer and get it really cold before slicing it so it don't crumble! You should consider joining the UMW. If it's like ours, we only meet once a month.

    ReplyDelete

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel