PreSchool Orientation

We got a taste of what "school" was going to be like tonight when we took Gracie to her Preschool Orientation.

I didn't know what to expect from the classroom, the other kids, the teachers...or even Gracie.

I was pleasantly surprised.

We got there on time (maybe even a few minutes early--I can't stand to be late for anything!) and walked in to the very small classroom. I was in awe of how organized it was, and just how many toys were filling this very small space. Many of the toys by the way Gracie already had in her room. Garren says I could start my own preschool in there.

Anyway, we met Gracie's other teacher Ms. Stephanie. We already knew Ms. Christine from church. As for the other kids they all seemed somewhat shy like Gracie, some more than others. I did notice that Gracie towered above them though.

Gracie clinged to us for a short while before the lure of the toys got the best of her. She went from toy to toy and had a great time playing.

While the kids played Ms. Stephanie gathered us parents around the tables. I sat in a chair that may now be critically wounded. She went through the daily routine and reassured us. Well she at least she reassured me. They seem to have a good day planned (well 2 1/2 hours anyway). They do songs and play as well as crafts. The handbook even listed that there would be field trips. I am so excited for her.

After the parents got the low down, I was ready to get out of there. It had to have been 100 degrees in that small room. Much to my dismay and relief: Gracie threw a fit over leaving. I had her clean up her mess and we headed out of the room. The entire time she is getting louder and louder, "I don't want to go home, I want to go to school." This chant continued on the car ride home and several minutes after we arrived. I decided not to make a big deal of it, and to not let it break my heart. She had fun at school and wanted to stay.

I reassured her that she would go back to school on Tuesday and today was just practice. Plus, I reminded her that Grandma was going to take her shopping for her backpack (she has her own cubby and everything!!!) and I am sure other supplies that we don't need but Gracie wants.

After a call to Grandma to tell her about meeting the teachers, we ate dinner--and then came another surprise.



While the kids were down for a nap I baked Gracie a cake and decorated it for school. She loved it. She had a slice before heading to bed.

It was a good evening, and a learning (and growing) experience for Mommy, Daddy, and Big Girl Gracie.

1 Response to "PreSchool Orientation"

  1. Anonymous8:45 AM

    Gracie, I am so glad you liked your "practice" at school. I think you are really going to have fun. I am so excited for you. I can hardly wait until you come here and tell me all about your school and to go shopping for things you "need". You will also have to tell me about your "Gracie" cup and your very cute cake. We are going to have so much fun! See you soon!
    Love, Grandma

    ReplyDelete

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel