Back To Buisness

The fun at Grandma's is over, and it is back to our routines here in Strasburg. Not that any of us can forget our fun in Lynchburg since most of it is still in bags all over the kitchen floor, but I digress.

Gracie had a bowl of Princess cereal (one of the many, many, many things Grandma sent back) this morning, and seemed pretty excited about the school day ahead. When I dropped her off she headed for the coloring table with the other kids.

Things were light and chipper when I dropped her off, so imagine my surprise when I came to pick her up and found parents carrying out crying children. As usual I was near the end of the line (some of these moms are out there waiting 20 minutes before class is out!). Gracie seemed fine, and I kept reminding her to stay in her seat until I signed her out. The teacher walked in behind me and I kept trying to figure out what was going on. I asked about all of the crying. Apparently this was the first day some of the kids didn't get smiley faces on their thumbs. A little panic went off in my stomach and I quickly asked Gracie if she got one. I was very relieved when she proudly showed hers off. When I looked up I saw 6 or 7 names on a wipe board. I am thinking that after a month of school, the kids are expected to behave and there are consequences. I played down the mood of the room and talked to Gracie about what they did that day as we walked to the car. When we got home I told her how glad I was that she liked school, and how proud I was that she was a good girl at school, and how important it is to be good at school.

As for Gracie's day; she made an owl with square color shapes, they did a game called the "owl poky," the story was also about owls. As for snack it was goldfish crackers and apple juice. She told me she played and colored too.

Gracie also finally sang one of her songs for me! They sing a goodbye song everyday before the parents come and pick them up, and practice makes perfect.

Goodbye Song
(to the tune of Jingle Bells)

Happy day,
Happy day,
Happy day to you!

Oh, what fun we have at school,
In everything we do!

Hey!

(repeat)

**Above: Gracie poses at her cubby before we head out of school--with her smiley face thumb!**

2 Responses to "Back To Buisness"

  1. Anonymous1:50 PM

    Grandpa and I are glad you have so much fun at school. Of course we already know you are a good girl all of the time, especially at school. Keep up the great work! We love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous4:07 PM

    Good job, Gracie! You keep getting those smiley faces and making mommy proud!!
    Barbara, parents at my school line up about an hour before school is out. I wouldn't dare sit there in the hot sun for over an hour when I know that school will not dismiss until 2:50. I suppose they have their reasons. Personally, I'm a last minute person for EVERYTHING!!!

    ReplyDelete

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel