Pony Football

I just have to tell you about playtime this afternoon with Gracie. Well, actually, let me start by telling you about playtime yesterday evening.

Garren has been feeling super guilty about all the time he is away from home lately because of the election. So, he wanted to bring home something special for dinner. When I asked Gracie, she said she wanted Chinese food. We called Daddy together and put him on speaker phone. She told him what she wanted, and I suggested that he come home and play with her and I would go and get the food. I sneakily added that he could play ponies with her. She squealed with joy (I can imagine the silent groans on his side). We got the ponies ready and she anxiously awaited his homecoming.

Now, I must add, Daddy has a hard time playing with Gracie. Well, she is in to puzzles, games, ponies, dressing baby dolls, etc. He not being well versed with "girly" activities, and the fact that he can't stand games and puzzles-- limits their together time.

I am getting to a positive here. Daddy was a great sport last night and got right down on the floor with a very over-excited Gracie. I grabbed my purse and headed out on the 30-minute round trip to get Chinese food. (We live in the middle of no where!)

When I got back Gracie was happy to see me, and they were still in the floor where I had left them. Later that night after Gracie had gone to bed, I thanked Garren for playing with her. I asked how ponies were, and he told me they played pony football.

I got a taste of pony football this afternoon. Gracie told me "first, you line up the ponies." I am trying hard not to laugh. "Lily Lightly can be the referee." Tears are running down my eyes at this point. "Put the ball on Rarity's horn." (The ball is a hair tie knotted up. Garren explained last night since the ponies don't have hands this was his best alternative.) "Now, Rainbow Dash tries to tackle Rarity." I couldn't hold it in any longer! Gracie grabs the two ponies and demonstrates a tackle. I am laughing so hard. I told her how cute it was. You have to tell her that or she gets mad at you laughing at her. Oh, and the archway covered in flowers was the goal post. I am only sorry I didn't see how the game was supposed to end. (She only had 10 minutes until nap and she insisted on playing ponies, I agreed.)

I just had to share. Kudos to Garren for playing with our daughter the best way he knows how!!!

2 Responses to "Pony Football"

  1. Anonymous9:03 AM

    Way to go Daddy! Yes, I too had a laugh - imagining little ponies playing football. I think it is wonderful that Daddy came up with an ingenuous way to play "My Little Ponies" with Gracie. I'm glad he has found the secret: have an imagination. It worked great with Gracie's Mommy when she was a little girl too! Keep having fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:15 AM

    Mommy, since the "Pony Football" image is still in my mind, I think you should use craft time today and make them all orange shirts. Also, let me know how the game is supposed to end. Thanks again for the laugh.

    ReplyDelete

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel