Happy Birthday Colette!


I certainly hope she had a special day. I know we had a special dinner and evening with her and her wonderful family.

I fixed Quesadilla burgers and fries. This is Colette's traditional birthday dinner, well burgers and fries anyway. She says this has been her birthday dinner since she was a kid. I didn't know this until she told me as they were leaving tonight. I told you we are really in sync!

...And for dessert--cake attempt #2. I think it came out very nicely. And, those are sugar paste strawberries, I made them myself.

3 Responses to "Happy Birthday Colette!"

  1. Anonymous9:25 PM

    Very pretty! Did you use the Play-doh mold for the strawberries? It looks just like the strawberries that Christian and I made with her Play-do this summer. Wow..this past summer...seems like a long time ago. Christmas is almost here, uggghhhh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay Candice, you know me way too well! Yes, I did use Gracie's play dough mold--but I thoroughly washed it before use. I cut off the stems after I made the molds and added my own green icing. Working with sugar paste was fun, and I am glad that I got the hang of it. Hopefully, I am not the only cake decorator who finds unusual ways of getting the end result!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9:13 PM

    Hey...I wasn't kicking the idea at all. That was inventive and means that you made good use of a Play-doh mold. I must say that it makes very pretty strawberries. Who cares if you washed it? Play-doh isn't dirty or toxic. Kids love to eat it! Hey, no worries about washing that mold...worry about the people who never wash their hands! EWWWWW!!!

    ReplyDelete

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel