Sniffles And Commericals

Its official, despite Candice's plea for us not to get Gracie's cold....we all have a touch of something.

Gracie has spent the morning in our bed. Actually, she spent most of the night in our bed.

Our conundrum: we close Gracie's door at night to keep out noise. If we leave her door closed she stays in her own bed all night, but she won't get up and tell us when she wakes up in the morning, leading to diaper leaks, and feelings of neglect on my part. If I open her door after we go to bed, she is in our bedroom on and off all night. Last night, knowing she was sick, I couldn't bear to leave her door closed. Thus, she was in the bed with us at 12:45am, 5:30am, and from 6:00am on. I let her stay for a few moments and then carry her back to her bed. At 6am I gave up. But, on the plus side she slept in until 10:30!

She is taking medicine, and she seems just fine, but I told her she had to stay on the bed until Tumble Tots. She doesn't have a fever, and I will decide in a few minutes if she is well enough to go.

I decided that I was tired of my baby getting sick, and in an effort to do anything...I Lysol'ed her room. I was afraid I had been neglecting my germ-killing duties, but I really only found a little dust. I feel better anyway, and her room smells lemon fresh.

While I cleaned around my toddler today, I found my germ frustration moving over to retailers. Its not even Thanksgiving yet, but they are already cramming the airwaves with ads for every toy in America!

Keeping Gracie still is quite a chore, so I let her watch Nick Jr. as she played ponies on our bed. Every 10 minutes I heard another round of "I want that momma!" Some new and shiny toy was on a commercial and she just couldn't imagine anything better. That is until :30 later when a new toy was being played with on TV by smiling happy different kids.

So much for the days when Gracie was too young to go through the "I want, I want" stage. It is here and in full force. And to think, since it is almost Christmas they are only going to be more and more and more commercials all promising the perfect toy, suitable for any toddler with parents who love them enough to buy it.

Argh! To make matters more difficult, we are supposed to leave Friday for Tennessee. I am not exactly sure how I am going to accomplish all of this since I have a splitting headache and ache every where else, and Garren's head remains swimming. We may have to put off our trip for a couple of days, but we will see what tomorrow brings.

3 Responses to "Sniffles And Commericals"

  1. Anonymous6:07 PM

    I hope you all feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cramming the airwaves with ads... That's what I do! Ads for Hondas and Kias and Toyotas and Pontiacs and such...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Matt, you do a great job with those ads I am sure. Thankfully, she's a little too young to want a car. Although, I am not looking forward to the day when she is asking for a Honda instead of Mickey Mouse Clubhouse!

    Once upon a time my salary depended on commercials. Now that time is over--I can despise them again! :)

    ReplyDelete

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel