Argh!!!!

Do you ever feel like your kids ruin everything?!!!

Okay that is a little dramatic, but Gracie has found yet another holiday to poo-poo on. You have to admit this is a pretty cool house to live in--if you are 3 anyway. Mommy has the best ideas, we are always doing a craft or a fun activity. So like the super-mom that I am, I had plenty of fun things planned for today. But of course, Gracie didn't take a nap. Well, its more than that. She hasn't gotten much sleep in days and is unlivable, so without a nap today--there goes this evenings planned fun.

I had two schools of thought, let Gracie's bad attitude and my frustration ruin another holiday, or post pone New Year's fun until tomorrow. I have decided to put things on hold.

Now, before you start clucking at me-- think back. I am sure there was a special day or a holiday you had great visions for, only to have your day "rained on" by a cranky toddler or child with a whole other idea for the day.

And for those of you who think my life is way too cutesy and perfect, chuckle at your leisure. And, I am not to big to admit this is not the first day she has soured for me. There are many other holidays that I had great expectations for. But, then again maybe that is the problem. We have the best of intentions and we want to make days memorable for our children and families and while we stress we forget the memories in all the hustle and bustle.

I guess I learned two lessons today...okay three. 1. Life is what you make it--slow down and remember what's really important. 2. It's just another day to your child and they would be happy if you spent it jumping on the bed. 3. Great expectations can bite you in the butt, especially when you are a mother.

I will be sure to share pictures and other fun stuff from tomorrow's New Year's celebration--if I don't lock her up until she's 10!!!!!

2 Responses to "Argh!!!!"

  1. Anonymous9:53 PM

    Thanks for the info! Great free birth control for those of us who are childless! After watching America's Funniest Home Videos at my parents' house tonight and seeing that kid with spaghetti noodles coming out his nose...well that was another good reason for just having animals! Hang in there! I won't even say happy new year yet....I'll wait until tomorrow. Things will get better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:45 AM

    Wow! It really is true: what goes around - comes around. :) Yes, I have definitely had this experience MANY times with my little girl (and boy). As I now lean back in my chair with a huge grin on my face, I think (as I do often) about my reward for surviving my children: Grandchildren! Aren't they wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel