Busy Day

Christmas pictures taken (no tears!!!), new school shoes (two pair), ride on the train (in the mall), made a new friend, and got to pick out something from Toys R Us.

Today was a very busy day for Gracie and Mommy, but we had a wonderful time. I made an appointment to have her pictures done today at Penny's around 2:30. On the down side there wasn't enough time for a nap, on the plus side she gave great smiles and didn't even whimper! Usually, I get several different poses, but this time since it was Christmas pictures, and Christmas is over--I just got the package. And with my coupon skills, I got it for $4.16.

(I picked the bottom row center, click on picture to make it bigger)

Next stop was new shoes. Gracie has been needing new shoes since about Thanksgiving, but with this crazy schedule, today was the first real down time we had to go and get them. I was able to get her a new pair of "every day" shoes (tennis shoes) at Wal Mart for $10. The other two pair of school shoes we grabbed at Payless. She has the exact same styles (Mary Jane's & Saddle), just a size bigger. She is now in size 11's!!!!

I called Daddy to meet us at the mall so he could be there for her big surprise, but he was stuck in traffic, so we headed back across the mall and she got to ride on the Christmas train. I have no idea how much longer they will leave it up, but she enjoyed it and the lady let her go around at least 10 times.


Daddy found us and we took Gracie to Teddy B. Stuffed. We told her this was her Christmas present on Christmas morning (I even made a little certificate), but she was too thrilled with actual toys to care or remember.

When we walked in her eyes bugged out. She was so excited...maybe a little too excited. There are so many friend to choose from. After what seemed like hours, she finally decided on a gray kitty. The next part was a little creepy for me, but she walked over and picked out the color eyes she wanted for kitty--purple. I noticed that she was getting very shy, and before I knew it she was stuck to my leg like glue. The owner, and very nice gentleman was trying to talk her through the steps, but she just wanted her friend. Mommy pushed the petal to "stuff" the kitty since she wouldn't have any part if it. She did pick out a cloth "wish' in the shape of a pink butterfly, but she freaked when she was supposed to turn around and make a wish. Eventually the wish was "implanted," and she had her friend. We told her she could pick out one outfit. At this point her spirits return and she runs over to the wall and finds the ballet outfit. Surprise, surprise. We dress kitty and she gets her own little home and birth certificate (Gracie couldn't pick a name yet). Kitty has gotten lots of hugs and Gracie is one thrilled little girl.


Daddy headed back to work after Gracie thanked us. It was so cute, she hugged each of us and said "Thank you mommy for my friend. Merry Christmas!" It was one of those moments when your heart melts.

We grabbed a snack and then left the mall and stopped by Toys R US. She had used up all the coloring sheets in her My Little Pony activity set, so we got a new one. This time she chose Care Bears.

Poor Gracie had such a busy day, and she knew it was family movie night. I knew she needed sleep, and luckily I was able to snuggle Gracie and Twinkle (this is the name she choose for her new friend) down for an hour and half nap. Whew! I guess it was a very busy day for mommy as well.

1 Response to "Busy Day"

  1. Anonymous7:45 PM

    I love the pose that you chose! The smiles are great. Twinkle is very cute Gracie! You put lots of love into her as you made her. Lucie will have to see her! Hopefully Lucie won't destroy all her new toys before you get to see them. Make sure to have mommy show you my pictures from the safari I went on last week. I can't wait to take you there someday!

    ReplyDelete

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel