Bad Day

Sick and tired of my cavity filled blogs and emails like so many others? Here's an ear full: Not that I have gotten a lot of sympathy for my awful day, but I have crawled down off the ledge.

1. My storage unit is covered in mouse poop...and I do mean covered. The nasty little vermin ate Gracie's clothes, toys, blankets, and much more. I have called my landlord and she has always been good to us, I am sure the problem will be fixed immediately.

2. There are still Christmas decorations in piles in my living room because I don't want to take more stuff downstairs to get ruined.

3. It's 1:30 and I still haven't been able to get a shower. I have showered, and the day looks much better.

4. I HATE laundry. I understand the definition of laundry means it is never done. There is never enough time, enough quarters, and it never ends. I don't think I have seen the bottom of the hamper in months. I don't have my own washer and I have to share the one washer and dryer with 9 other families. Around 5pm I was able to squeeze in a load of laundry.

5. Its hot in here!!! I am burning up. It is a beautiful day and I will not waste money by turning on the air conditioner. All of the windows and doors are open, but it isn't cooling off fast enough--it is 77 degrees in here. Garren came home early (apparently he thought I was on the brink of self-destruct. Come on guys, we have bad days just like you do. It doesn't mean we are going to jump!) and turned on the AC as it never got below 75 degrees in here.

6. My apartment smells like smoke. I can't even open said windows and glass door for fresh air and cool breezes. Why? Because every 15 minutes someone has to go outside and light up their cancer-sticks. Everything smells like cigarette smoke. My home, the hallways thanks to the lady who thinks it is too cold to go outside and smoke, so she smokes in the hallways. Our coats and clothes since we all have to enter through the front door where the 2 chain smokers sit to inhale their nicotine. I can't do anything about this. That stinks.

7. Gracie keeps jumping, stomping, running. I have told her nearly 20 times to stop. We live in an apartment, she can't make noise in here!!!

8. Gracie has told me all day she is hungry. I have fed her all day and I am about to pull my hair out as every hour she says "mommy I am hungry" and I feel worthless for not keeping her fed, and near tears because it is always something. Gracie was in fact hungry an hour later. I bought her a packet of salted nuts after our walk. That filled her until dinner.

9. The froot loops I gave her this morning (dry because we are out of milk), are all over the carpet in every room! Vacuuming is a daily, sometimes twice daily, event. I would like to be able to step on my floor one of these days without hearing a "crunch!" Garren vacuumed when he got home.

10. We are out of milk, and several other things. Grocery day is Wednesday.

11. I swear the dirty dishes multiply! I did 2 sink fulls yesterday, and now they are spread out all over the counter again! I did the dishes, and feeling nasty from the thought of the mice, I scrubbed every inch of my kitchen. The walls, the floor, the cabinets, behind the refrigerator. I got started and I couldn't stop. You should see the kitchen though: shinning like a new penny! I did this while Gracie took a nap.

12. We have no forks, well clean ones anyway. Again, I did 2 sink loads of dishes yesterday and there are clean dishes in the dishwasher. No forks! I did the dishes and we had forks for dinner.

13. Gracie ate my lunch. I made spaghetti, the most belly filling meal I could think of. I made enough for 2. She ate 3 bowls full including mine. Thankfully she is full now, at least for an hour.

14. It is 1:39 and I still haven't gotten a shower Amazing what a shower can do!

15. There is a TV sitting in my bedroom floor and I can't open the closet because of it. That would be our old one and I can't take it down stairs (see #1)

16. Garren is out of clean pants. The washer is in use. Garren now has clean pants. I got one load of laundry done. I will do more tomorrow while Gracie is at school.

17. It is a beautiful day outside, and I haven't even seen it! I want to take Gracie for a walk, but I haven't showered, she still isn't dressed, and this house is still not up to my standards! We went for a nice walk after my shower. I left everything else behind and enjoyed the gorgeous weather and 71 degree weather. We had a wonderful walk, and despite a little tantrum before nap--we had a very nice rest of the day.

ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

18. Upset husband by announcing to the world that we are out of milk and clean pants.

2 Responses to "Bad Day"

  1. Anonymous2:27 PM

    Whoa, you are having a rough day. Im not gonna patronize you with the "it will get better speech". I only hope that by venting you feel a little better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:38 PM

    Okay...life sucks for you today! Get some sticky traps for the mice. No poison because you want to find the rascal, not smell him for months. The worst of all of this is the sharing the washer with others! I could NOT do it. I'm serious. I don't know how you do it. I refused to even go to a basement and do laundry. If I couldn't have my main floor laundry, well I just wouldn't do it at all. Tell Garren to just do the sniff test on his pants, or if it's that hot...wear shorts! Ha! Hang in there. I got a good chuckle from this...thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel