Day With Mommy

Gracie and I had a great day today out and about together; thanks to a generous, but late Christmas gift we got in the mail yesterday.

Gracie and I started the day at a thrift store (of course!). We found 2 dresses for Gracie, one of them a sailor dress, and 28 books. At $.10 a piece for the kids books--we got a steal.

Next, we headed for lunch. Since daddy was at work, we went for one of our favorites (and his least favorite) : Mexican. Gracie and I took our time and indulged in chips and salsa and very yummy entres. Gracie took her sweet time and devoured her cheese quesdialia and Spanish rice.

We just had to hit the thrift store next door to the restaurant (I mean its right there!) before we picked daddy up something to eat. There we got 2 more dresses, 20 books, and a super nice canvas bag for mommy (tags still on it!!).

We took a few minutes and got Daddy some lunch and delivered it to his office, then we were back out again. I need new pajama pants, so we stopped by Gabriel Brothers (our version of Value City, a place where big name stores send the stuff they can't sell), and I found 2 complete sets of flannel pj's for $5 each!! I also got cloth napkins for .25 each (when I pulled the tag off at home, they were $3 each and from Penny's!). Plus, Gracie got a Cat In the Hat board game for $5. We did very well.

Exhausted, we made one last stop--the library. We made a mad dash for books as they closed at 5 and it was 4:40. But, we were sure to pick up a movie for tonight's family movie night: 101 Dalmatians. I love our special days together!!

1 Response to "Day With Mommy"

  1. Anonymous4:19 PM

    You kill me! You are so lucky to have stores like that. Around here, a "thrift shop" is a junk shop that sells nothing but stuff from Big Lots that no one else wants! It sounds like you all had a great day.

    ReplyDelete

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel