All Dressed

Gracie got herself dressed today from head to toe. I know this should be a skill she mastered a long time ago, but I love dressing her, and thus I never let her try. Plus, this was a little more complicated. She can put on socks, t-shirts and sweat pants; but today she had to put on a dress and button it.

She was so excited to try. I told her I laid her clothes out on her bed when she was ready to get dressed. Her eyes lit up. She went in her room and told me she was in the dress up room and I no one could see her. I heard a lot of grunting and couple of "oops, backwards!," but 5 or so minutes later she emerged from the dress up room looking like this.

You've got to love the collar. Plus, look at her socks, one is on backwards. But, I didn't say a word--she is so proud. I picked out a play dress and around the house socks to make things as easy as possible.

While I am proud of my big girl, I am not looking forward to the day she wants to pick out her own clothes. Right now she picks them out of her closet, but I pick them from the stores. There will come a day when she won't like the way I dress her anymore. I'll just think about that another day!

3 Responses to "All Dressed"

  1. Anonymous2:26 PM

    Good Job Gracie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12:30 PM

    Good job Gracie! I know how hard dressing yourself can be. Getting things over your head and on your feet the right way can be a bit tricky. And buttoning those little buttons can be especially hard. You are very good at it. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel