Feeling Better


I thought I had better update, since Garren posted about Gracie's great night of terror. The sick princess is quite comfortable on the couch watching Noggin on TV, and the snow fall heavily outside.

I lined the couch with a sheet of course, and she has her coloring books and crayons and plenty of juice. So far everything is staying down. And by everything I mean only juice and half a Popsicle. I want to make sure that will remain on the inside before I let her have crackers.

The funny part is, she seems just fine. She is super sleepy and lays down a lot--but you would be too if you were up until 4:30 in the morning throwing up every 20 minutes. I finally fell asleep myself around 4:45am on the pallet I made right beside her in the floor. I slept on and off, waking up every time she rolled over, until 8:30 when Garren got up and we moved her in to our bed. She had soaked the pallet she was sleeping on in the living room floor. So, we know she isn't dehydrated. I got her dry clothes on and she fell right back to sleep in my bed...so did I. We slept until 10am, when she woke up and was back to her old self, going on and on about My Little Ponies. We stayed in the bed, and I drifted back off to sleep an hour later, when I woke up she too was sound asleep.

So, I have had a few hours sleep, and she is resting. And, in the meantime, I am working on the huge pile of soiled sheets and clothes.

She is well taken care of...like you were worried ;)

2 Responses to "Feeling Better"

  1. Anonymous6:06 PM

    Oh my! It sounds like Gracie has picked up the stomach virus. Our kids at school have been sharing this for several months now. They don't run fevers with it or anything! They just puke and crap uncontrollably for several hours until the virus works its way out. Gracie probably picked it up at preschool yesterday from a classmate. It spreads very quickly by surface contact then placing hands in the mouth (or eating with your hands). I'd rather have a cold for two weeks than this! Gracie, we are praying for you (and mommy and daddy that they don't get sick)! We hope you feel better very soon. We love you! XOXOXOXOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous1:27 PM

    I'm so glad you are feeling better. Mariah had just told me on Tuesday that there are a lot of people (LCA children and their families) who are sick with the stomach virus. As Candice mentioned (the same symptoms here), no fevers are associated with this virus. The other bad thing is, this virus seems to last "forever" - at least this is the observance of 10 year olds. My guess would be a few days. Sounds like you are doing a great job of taking care of things. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel