Just Another Day

I thank so many of you for remembering me on my birthday. I would love to say that it was full of fireworks and excitement--but the truth is--it was just another day. I cleaned, I took care of a very cranky Gracie, I took out the trash, did the dishes and fixed chicken and rice for dinner.

I was far from excited about this milestone anyway. 30 meant another decade down the tube, and in my current state of mind I couldn't think of anything (except Gracie of course) that I had done that was meaningful in my 20's. Now, before you all jump on my obviously bad attitude, when you turned 30 I doubt that you didn't have any apprehensions about it--and if you aren't 30 yet, then really you have no idea how you might feel. To top things off, my baby turns 4 in a few weeks--so you add an aging mother watching her daughter grow up so fast, and you might have a few clues as to why I was dreading this "milestone." There are many more aspects of "regret," but I won't bore you with those.

Just, know that I appreciate the cards, comments, flowers, and gifts. It is nice to know that I have people in my life who care so much about me, and wanted to remember me on "my day."

And, don't jump all over Garren either. He is a good, although obtuse at times, husband. He and Gracie gave me cards in bed on my birthday morning, and at some point he will take me to Applebee's for dinner--he gave me a gift card to prove it. I found myself more depressed without at least a birthday cake and candles, but he had to work late, and I didn't ask for one.

1 Response to "Just Another Day"

  1. Now, BJ, how can you expect the rest of us to look forward to 30 when you aren't enjoying it???

    ReplyDelete

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel