Mayfest 2008

Gracie and I had a hot, and exhausting day here in Strasburg for this year's Mayfest celebration.
Daddy stayed at home as he is still not feeling well. But, Gracie and I braved the crowds and had a good time. We got a pretty good spot for the parade, and the Mozingo's sat with us as we watched the characters of this small town parade by.

After the hour long parade, I was super hot and very worn out. We had to walk over a mile just to park, and the crowd was so thick as usual. So, we headed back to the car and went home to cool off and rest for a while.

We returned to the festivities around 6, where we took in the carnival. Gracie has been looking forward to this for days. We got her the $15 armband and let her ride until after 8. I think we rode the carousel 8 times or more. This was the only ride she needed to have an adult. Actually, she really didn't need me, but the horses are high up and it went pretty fast and she didn't want to go by herself. With Daddy out of commission it was up to me to endure the round and round! Luckily we took breaks in between when she would ride the swings, the elephants, or the cars.

Before we left she got a treat. She picked out cotton candy, and I had to tell her she could only eat half tonight! She was really downing that sugar fast!

We had a good day, but I have to admit it isn't as fun without the whole family. Plus, being by yourself with a little one can be very stressful and exhausting. But, we made it through, and she had a wonderful day. I have tons of Mayfest pictures and videos. I am putting them on Picasa. So, click here to see them.

We hope all of you are having a good weekend as well!

1 Response to "Mayfest 2008"

  1. Anonymous5:35 PM

    Gracie, I'm glad you and Mommy had a good time at Mayfest. It looks like the merry go round was lots of fun. I'm sure the cotton candy tasted good too. I miss you and hope we can play together soon. Love you!

    ReplyDelete

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel