Hair Trauma

The hair trauma in this house has been going on for at least 2 years now. The princess Grace doesn't like having her hair washed, her hair brushed, or her hair trimmed.

I have known some sensitive-headed children in my time, but Gracie takes the cake. As a matter of fact I am not convinced that it hurts at all when I brush her hair. This child pulls out real tears and heartbreaking shouts like a pro. And, we go through this everyday.

Now, we are aware that one of the easier ways to maintain tangle-free hair is to wash it more often, as our daughter gets all of her meals in the ends of her hair. Washing the hair is also a trauma. If you remember I can't even tell her she is getting a bath, or she will worry about it all day. She is terrified of having water dumped on her head to rinse and wash her hair. Water never goes on her face and we have come up with a painless ritual that involves small cups, her folding her ears and her head tipped back. Regardless, she still panics when it is time to wash the royal scalp.

I have no idea what started all of this, but I am willing to admit I am losing my patience on this topic. It is an everyday battle over her hair, and I will also admit she doesn't get a bath as often as she should because that is yet another battle and at the end of the day, and I am all out of ammo.

My hope is that last night's trim will at least put the hair screams at bay for a week or so. She wasn't thrilled with the idea of trimming her hair, and I definitely got a taste of what a groomer must go through--but it is straight and shorter and hopefully will give us a break for a while. At this length, she will have to try even harder to get her meals on the ends of her mane, and maybe it will be easier and less painful to brush. Although, I some how doubt that my drama queen will give up her hair fits.

3 Responses to "Hair Trauma"

  1. Anonymous7:42 PM

    Okay Gracie, you and Lucie have something in common. She throws a screaming fit at every haircut! At least you don't bite like Lucie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thats so hard..... it has never been an issue with the boys, i cant imagine anyone NOT loving bathtime....

    ReplyDelete

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel