Apple Day


We decided to continue the theme at home today. Despite the fact that I have to make four cakes for the church's yard party tomorrow.

I found the cutest idea in a craft book I checked out from the library; making sock apples.

Gracie just got new socks, so I gathered some of the old ones that hadn't been thrown out (I used to save all of her old clothes including shoes, socks and undies, and realized I would not likely reuse them or be able to give things like that away, so now I save storage space and toss.)

This craft was harder than I thought, but it turned out pretty cute and looks great as a center piece on my kitchen table.


Step 1: paint the feet of old socks red.


...or green or yellow. There are many different colors of apples you know!

Step 2: Let dry, this will take apparently over night...DO NOT DO WHAT I DID and try and microwave them dry. We lost a few :(

Step 3: stuff the foot of the sock with stuffing..etc. (we used toilet paper and the tops of the socks.

Step 4: cut the sock to the right sized apple you want.

from here we created our own directions because it didn't look right tied off to me. I folded over the top of the sock and hot glued shut and inserted a painted (brown) Q-tip for the stem (the Q-tip was Gracie's idea) and then glued a construction paper leaf to the side of the stem. I think they came out pretty cute.

1 Response to "Apple Day"

  1. Anonymous4:46 PM

    I love your pretty apples, Gracie! I can't wait to see pictures from the church yard party. I hope you had lots of fun, and I hope it's not as hot there as it is here. It's so humid and hot here!

    ReplyDelete

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel