Pumpkin Fun!

What a fun evening we had (as we always do when our neighbors come over), doing what else--but pumpkin carving.

Yea, we know it is only September, but Garren had a fall feature story to do and thanks to Tom's gift last month of a Drimmel tool made just for pumpkins--Garren got a good idea.

Our neighbors came over around 4pm and we had a chili feast, which Gracie was ready to speed through and get to the fun stuff. Actually, she had been waiting (barely) for the fun since yesterday.

We cleared the table, and got down to the business of getting messy.

Gracie wasn't excited about getting out the pumpkin guts. As a matter of fact she was repulsed by the sight of it. Daddy had to make sure she got her hands messy too though, and smeared her with a little--which sent her in to drama queen mode.

We had four pumpkins, which left Gracie as a supervisor, and again this year Colette some how got out of getting her hands messy too. But, she took tons of precious pictures and was in charge of tools.

I mentioned the Dremmel tool, and we were excited to see just what it could do. I picked out four templates I found free online, and after lots of groans--we got started. Garren took the easier of the four and helped Gracie turn that pumpkin into Cinderella. Mallory got another easy one and made the cutest Noah's Ark. Neither of these used the Dremmel--that left Tom and I with the biggest projects. Tom took on Elmo, and it came out spectacular. I actually took the hardest template--because I wanted to do Kipper from the moment I found him! He is just too cute! I am pleased, and surprised, that he came out so well.

Hours later and the biggest mess ever, we had four of the cutest and most spectacular jack-o-lanterns around....that we hope will last at least until mid October!

Using the Dremmel by the way was fun, but extremely messy! It throws pumpkin skin in your mouth, on your clothes, in your eyes and sticks to your face. But what a neat way to jazz up your pumpkins!! I will post the story when it is in the paper for all to see.

Colette took so many awesome pictures and I want to share them. Click here to see just how much gooey messy fun we had.

1 Response to "Pumpkin Fun!"

  1. Anonymous5:17 PM

    Elmo is my favorite! They are all very pretty. I love taking a drill to a pumpkin and just filling it full of holes. Then I put Christmas lights in it and poke one little light in each hole.

    ReplyDelete

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel