Soggy Party


Well it started out as a hot-as-can-be party, and then about 20 minutes later the rain came down, and then it came down harder, and then we started building the ark.

While Gracie is somewhat disappointed, we got in several games and many prizes before and in between bursts of heavy rain. Although, I was afraid in the end that I would waste the last of her baggie of tickets. But, we decided that we were soaking wet and the rain was likely not going to stop so we cashed in at the lollipop tree. Gracie had 8 tickets left, and now we are 8 suckers to the good.


I hated it for the church and all of the people who worked so hard. They moved the music into the sanctuary, so the groups didn't travel for nothing.

We participated in 2 cake walks, and won neither. Oh well, I have seen more than enough cake in the past 24 hours! I think they only got through 3 rounds and there were a lot of donated cakes. I have no idea what they will do with the rest, but I had no desire to carry those back to the house!

As for my cakes, they came out pretty well. I made four: a bunny, a kitty, a teddy bear, and a train. Check them out.

You can see the rest of the soggy pictures here.

3 Responses to "Soggy Party"

  1. Anonymous8:13 PM

    Gracie, I'm really sorry that it rained at your party today. It looks like you had fun playing some games and got some delicious lolipops! Mommy's cakes were very cute! I wish it would have rained at my house instead.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey there! I just wanted to thank you for ALL of your kind comments that you make on my blog. I read them all and I am thankful for your encouraging words.
    thanks for reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lollipop tree! Do you remember the lollipop tree on Family Feud?

    http://www.geocities.com/jay_anton/rulesreviews/feudlollipop.JPG

    ReplyDelete

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel