Halloween Party Goers

Gracie and her classmates (and mommy too), had a wonderful time today at preschool celebrating the boo-tastic holiday.

I walked in to the classroom around 10:15 after telling the teachers this morning I would be glad to help. They seemed very gracious, and I was relieved that they needed me. I was also relieved that Mia's mom was there too--so I didn't look like the big mom loser!

Gracie gave me lots of hugs and showed me everything she was doing. The kids were in "center time" and they were taking turns making their letter sheets and playing and doing all sorts of things.

After clean up they got to "parade" upstairs to show the church secretary their costumes and get several pieces of candy. This was too cute, as several of the kids had removed costumes in the hot classroom, and now I got a chance to see them all decked out.


When they returned they cleaned up and got ready for a story. Mia's mom and I started getting plates and goodies ready.

The kids sat somewhat still to hear the story "Too Many Pumpkins," and then they were very ready for all of that sugar! They had cupcakes, Jello, chips, dip, cheese, carrots, pretzels, and two kinds of cookies...not to mention the pudding I brought in (which was a HUGE hit, thank you!).

The kids dove in to the sugar, and of course my daughter ate nearly every bite, at least until time ran out. Of course she got seconds on chips and dip. Ms. Stephanie chuckled at me as Gracie tried to cram the rest of her cupcake in her mouth when she announced time was up. I told her I DO feed her!

I helped put the goody bags (which were over flowing for each kid) in back packs, and I helped kids with their trash and hands and plates until time to go.

And when all of the kids were at the table ready to go home, the teachers had them thank me and Mia's mom for helping. It was so cute. And to top off my sugar-filled day, I was asked to ring the jingle bells for the "Goodbye Song." You should have seen Gracie beaming at me.

She was very happy to have me at school, and I was loving being a part of her special day at school.

I am in mommy heaven!

And, tonight is trick or treating. I was really hoping she would sleep, but no dice. I will let her up in a while. Oh, and I will be sure to post pictures when I can of tonight's fun. While she was a bee for today (and the trunk or treating), we compromised and she gets to be Snow White to go trick or treating. So, when you see her in a different costume--now you know why. And, I am so glad that it is warm out there today. I was so worried that she would freeze tonight!

1 Response to "Halloween Party Goers"

  1. Anonymous10:35 PM

    Poor starved child! I have little kids like this at my school...where their parents don't feed them...and they always ask for seconds and thirds. Her teachers will probably turn you in to DCS. Don't worry DCS won't do anything unless you absolutely try to kill her.

    ReplyDelete

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel