Phantom Calls

If you should get an unusual phone call in the near future and my cell phone number pops up on the caller ID--don't be alarmed, it's just Gracie.

The ironic thing is Gracie used to freak out if you handed her the phone or tried to get her to talk into the receiver. She has been that way since she was a baby, but now--watch out--your ears will burn up!

While her favorite person to call is Grandma, she is now expanding her list. She will call Daddy on occasion, and last night she asked if she could call Candice.

Her conversations used to be long and drawn out, and poor mom was stuck on the phone listening to her ramble for at least a half hour at a time. But now, she will call to say hi, tell you what she is doing, add some sort of random tidbit, and before you can ask her a question she says "bye!" and slams the cell phone shut.

While I am sure this seems very rude, it is hilarious. When she finished with her conversation she is finished! And, she doesn't mean to be rude, she just thinks that's how you finish a conversation (way to go Daddy! :)

And, she is getting more independent about these calls. She knows Grandma is number 2 and Daddy is number 3 on my speed dial--so I have found her on the phone without even realizing she has called anyone.

So--my apologies if you get a random call. It is just my daughter who wants to chat for a bit.



I captured one of her shorter conversations with Grandma the other day (we had just made Halloween cookies), and while I plan to respect her privacy when she is a teen...this is pretty cute and innocent and I wanted to share.

2 Responses to "Phantom Calls"

  1. Anonymous6:05 PM

    I was glad to hear from you yesterday Gracie!! Did you like the surprise that we talked about? What was your favorite?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:32 PM

    Gracie, I LOVE our talks! I get so excited when you call. You can call me anytime you want to! Hope to talk to you again soon.

    ReplyDelete

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel