Christmas Creativity


I am pretty sure I earned a gold mommy star today. Gracie and I did a craft project and I let her do it her way!

While this may sound simple, I am a super creative person and I tend to domineer projects. But, how will Gracie ever know what she can accomplish if I keep trying to make it look like it belongs in a magazine?! So between today's gingerbread house and the tree decorating from this weekend, I am pretty proud of myself.

Gracie of course had a wonderful time making the sticky mess that eventually turned in to an adorable candy house.

This year I cheated and got a gingerbread house kit. In years past I have used icing and graham crackers to make painstakingly adorable little houses. Man was this much easier! Although a warning to anyone purchasing these kits: the icing is super thick. This makes for great "glue" to hold the parts together, but it is not easy for piping and adding trim and details.

The sad icing trim is about all I did on this house. Gracie had a wonderful time picking out where each colorful candy piece would end up. And I for one think she did a great job!


Oh, and as for school she had a good day. I should know I stayed there for about an hour! Our county schools were on a 1 hour delay, so they combined the classes again. I took Gracie to school at 12:15 and with 28 kids I again offered my help. The took me up on the offer, but just until Ms. Julie could make it in.

It was neat to watch Gracie and the other kids interact. I helped several put together this large floor puzzle 8 times! Their favorite part was tearing it up and yelling out "again!." Each time we would start 5-6 kids would run over and each want a piece. It was very fun for me.

I left just before story time, but Gracie told me they made hot chocolate mugs today. Snack was marshmallows and pretzel sticks. They read a story about Farmer Brown and did a movement activity called "Frost Says" (like Simon Says).

She was in good spirits when I picked her up, and we came home in sunny and warm temperatures. I don't think they are going to stick around though!

2 Responses to "Christmas Creativity"

  1. Anonymous9:25 PM

    I love your gingerbread house, Gracie! You did a wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:02 PM

    Gracie, that is an adorable house. You did a beautiful job!

    ReplyDelete

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel