Christmas Eve 2008

Gracie is tucked into bed, and is trying hard to sleep. She got up a few minutes ago and told us that she had to go potty. But first, "I looked out the window to make sure I didn't see Santa to make sure I could get up and go potty."

We told her that Santa wouldn't come until she was asleep. And then Daddy added "if you hear reindeer or jingle bells, don't get up, because you wouldn't want to scare Santa." Like she needs something else to worry about! But, she is happy and in bed and excited about the morning.

We have left cookies and milk for Santa and carrots for the reindeer. We also left our customary note. Since Gracie is noticing that we don't have a chimney, we reassured her that we would leave the glass door unlocked for Santa to get in. She decided Rudolph would come in and eat the carrots--but I told her that I doubt a reindeer could fit in our apartment, so Santa will likely take them out to him and his friends. This seemed to answer her questions.

We went to Christmas Eve services tonight at church. I was surprised with the low turnout at the 5pm service, but it was nice. This is the first year they divided the service into 2. I for one thought it was an excellent idea since we have a small church and it is so crowded on Christmas Eve. The later service was having communion and a candlelight service, so I think most wanted to attend that one. The 5pm service was especially for families. We decided to go earlier since it is so late by the time we get home.

As an early gift we were given nearly 60 degree weather today. Well, we got those temperatures along with some scary winds--but if we can't have a white Christmas I am all for a warm one!

I promise to post pictures and musings from Christmas morning for anyone interested.

We wish all of you a very Merry Christmas!

**And don't you love this smocked dress I found!! I got it at a consignment shop over Thanksgiving in Tennessee. I spent last night taking out the hem, and I think she looks precious! I plan to take her to Penney's later this week or next week and have her Christmas pictures taken. I never make it before Christmas! **

3 Responses to "Christmas Eve 2008"

  1. Anonymous9:29 PM

    Gracie, you look adorable in your pretty Christmas dress! You look like a beautiful little girl straight out of a Christmas storybook. I remember being so excited on Christmas Eve that I couldn't sleep either. I hope you wake up extra early in the morning just like I always did. We usually were up and opening gifts by 4 or 5 am!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't give her any ideas Candice!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:55 AM

    You just wait till she's old enough to tell time. I'll buy her the prettiest little luminated clock that she can lay in bed and watch all night on Christmas Eve just like I did! Then at 5am...WAKE UP!!! Muhahahaha!

    ReplyDelete

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel