Finding The Perfect Tree

What a fun and chilly family day we had.

After Emma went home, daddy took us to a real Christmas tree farm.

Gracie liked looking at the baby trees, and the Gracie sized trees far more than searching for an appropriate sized tree. So, Daddy helped a little.

After nit-picking over several tall trees Daddy and Gracie settled on one to take home.

Since this was a real farm, they gave daddy the saw and he got to cut it down himself. It took just a few swipes of what I thought was a tiny saw and our family's Christmas tree was down for the count.

Gracie of course "helped" daddy carry it to the barn to be shaken and netted.

The whole process was just fun to do, and I am glad we got to have the experience. But, I must say, it was really hard cutting down an actual tree. I know they plant those just for Christmas--but when you buy it at the store you don't think about it being the "end" for a living thing. Now, when I was a kid we cut down our own tree, but it was in the woods and we were surrounded by trees and foliage. Plus by the time mom looked for an hour and picked the FIRST tree she saw--we were ready to chop that sucker down.

When we got home we got our tree upright. I was so exhausted that I sat back and let Gracie decorate the tree. What do you think?

Garren says it looks like a midget decorated it, but I think it is kind of cute. She did it all by herself.

Tomorrow we will help separate them a little more and get them a little higher and evenly spaced. But in the meantime, Gracie is very proud of her work.

1 Response to "Finding The Perfect Tree"

  1. Anonymous10:18 PM

    Barbara, are you a "tree hugger?" Gracie, you did a wonderful job. I could have used your help with my tree.

    ReplyDelete

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel