Mommy Racked Up!

I know that not many, if any, of you are ever impressed with my bargaining skills; but when you saw what I got today for as little as I did--you couldn't possibly ignore it!

After I took Gracie to get her Christmas pictures taken at JC Penney's (yea, I know, but we are always so busy before the holiday), we made it in to a mommy & Gracie day. We splurged on a lunch at Country Cookin, and then just had to take in a few thrift stores.

First stop: Goodwill. That's where we got the Cinderella puzzle (.59), book (.50), 2 bassinet sheets ($1 each), and the Baby Einstein turtle baby toy (.59). Grand total: $3.84!

Next, Hospice thrift store #1. Kelly puzzle (.25), Rudolph that sings (and sings and sings) (.25), 2 spit rags (.25 each), 2 little people characters (.50), Franklin video (.25), Pound Puppy puppet (.25), grab bag that included an Ariel jump rope, Chick-fil-A cow, and a Wizard of Oz collectible (.50). Total: $2.63

Salvation Army thrift store. That beautiful Laura Ashley dress with the price tag still on!! (3.99). I would never pay $4 for a dress, but I just had to have this one! Baby outfit still new (1.00). Candyland 50th edition (2.00).

The last stop was the biggest thrill. After finding another bassinet sheet (1.00), 12 kids books (1.00), a elephant stuffy rattle for the baby (.75), and another Baby Einstein rattle (.25), Gracie and I came upon the coolest find. A Fisher Price Aquarium Cradle Swing for $20!! We needed a new swing, and this one brand new goes for $109! I am so thrilled to find this. This is one less big expense needed for our new bundle. And, Gracie loves it. She is just as excited about finding things for the baby as I am. Have I mentioned what an awesome big sister she is going to be.

Okay, I couldn't help but brag a little about all of the cool things I got today. That is all ;)

3 Responses to "Mommy Racked Up!"

  1. Anonymous6:50 PM

    Great job! The swing looks brand new!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:53 PM

    You are lucky to find so many great things at thrift stores! Around here, thrift stores are more like dumpsters with windows and doors. Gracie, I'm glad that you are helping mommy shop and search for things for your baby sister or brother!

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice job! way to bargain shop! our thrift stores here are all ghetto, as the only people who live here seem to be broke students, nothing good comes into them.... (thanks for the spit rag,btw, its gorgous, and your Christmas card FINALLY made it to the envelope today.... my resolution for this year is to finally be a little more on top of things like that...

    ReplyDelete

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel