Feed The Birds

I found this very neat way to get more out of your live Christmas tree each year, and I am so glad that Gracie and I found time to get it ready this afternoon. The birds love it!!

We made edible ornaments for those beautiful birds that hang outside our apartment. Poor things ate the pine cones bare, but now they have a whole new tree buffet to choose from.

Since Garren had to work today, and I didn't want to waste the warm weather, I cleared the tree of ornaments and took my scissors and made the tree skinny enough to fit through the glass deck door. It looked very nice out there. Then Gracie and I added bird seed covered bells (loaf bread cut with cookie cutters), froot loop and cherrio ornaments, and topped it off with a popcorn garland.

Usually when we put new things out it will take several hours or even a whole day before the birds will venture on to the deck. But, I guess they were very hungry, or trust us a lot, because those small birds were in the tree and snacking 15 minutes later.

It will be tons of fun to watch the birds enjoy the treats over the next few days, and I will be happy knowing that the tree is being put to more use that just one Christmas in our home.

I guess Candice is right, I am becoming a "tree hugger."

3 Responses to "Feed The Birds"

  1. I would eat the popcorn, too.
    Hey - my birthday isn't posted on the January list! It's the 17th. And I nuked my blog a while back. I had to choose between paying attention to the blog or paying attention to Katie, and look where that got me... (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:10 PM

    Yup...tree hugger for sure! Do you recycle? I think it's a lovely idea for the birds. Birds around here have to find their own food. They do eat left over goat feed though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahaha:-) cute idea, you guys are amazing... How do you have so much energy??? my kid shave a lame mommy right now....

    ReplyDelete

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel