Gracie's Homework


Can you believe she has homework tonight?! Is that not adorable! She was so excited about this new level of responsibility that it was the first thing she told me when I picked her up from school.

I am guessing this was a last minute decision by the teachers, but clearly it was a hit because all of the kids were talking about it when their parents got there. Gracie told me if she brings it back on Monday she gets a surprise.

So, after her nap today we sat at the kitchen table and did her homework together. How I loved this!! You know I am not ready for kindergarten and her growing up--but I have just found a small silver lining in the aging process of my baby. I am actually looking forward to sitting at the kitchen table with her and doing homework together and challenging her to take the next level in her studies.

Other school excitement: finger painting and Pooh crackers for snack. They worked on "Q" papers today during school, and the homework was the "Q" paper they would have done if they hadn't have missed Wednesday.

We also got the calendar for February and a class list for Valentines. I have already gotten Gracie's valentines ready as I am trying to get as many things done as possible before our big day. I hate that I am going to miss out on so many things that she will be doing at school, but I know when she gets home she will tell me all about them, and I am just going to have to deal.

1 Response to "Gracie's Homework"

  1. Anonymous3:47 PM

    I wish my students were this excited about homework. Let's just say they are less than thrilled about. I can't wait to see what Gracie thinks about it when she's nine, and there is no prize for returning it other than good grades (well we do have Friday parties each week for those with no homework/behavior strikes).

    ReplyDelete

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel