Um, Not Ready Yet!

Gracie's Aurora doll was not all I got an ear full about from her teachers today.

With the cutest smirks on their faces, Ms. Christine and Ms. Stephanie went on to tell me that a little boy in their afternoon class took quite an interest in my little darling today.

Apparently Evan made a necklace and told the teacher "it's for that girl" and pointed to Gracie.

Gracie overheard her teachers telling me this and seemed oblivious--and I am very happy with that. While I forced a smile on my face, I am no where near ready to even think about puppy love or little crushes--she is four!!

I may have mentioned the conversation that took place at preschool orientation this year. One of the moms was mentioning how several of the little girls and boys had paired off. Apparently there was even a fight between two girls over a particular boy last year. I am so glad I didn't know that the three year old class had become Beverly Hills 22657.

I mentioned to one of the parents that Gracie wasn't interested in boys and seemed oblivious, and maybe that's because I have been naive all my life and she takes after me, or maybe because she is an only child and not exposed to conversations and feelings by older siblings. This parent told me her oldest was after boys in preschool as well. I felt a great since of relief that my four year old remained in the dark.

Forgive me for being the prude that I am--but preschool is a little too young to start the dating process. My angel has plenty of time to deal with all the hassles (and annoyances and heartbreak and crudeness) that come with boys and feelings about boys. Me, I am hoping that she finds them icky well until she is 17 or so. In the meantime, I am sure Evan is adorable--but I am glad that his time at school is in the afternoons :)

1 Response to "Um, Not Ready Yet!"

  1. Anonymous6:37 PM

    Just wait until middle school age. The girls (and I'm sure this won't apply to Gracie) are more agressive than the boys. DJ got over 800 text messages from the same girl last month!

    ReplyDelete

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel