First Night At Home

We...okay I...didn't get much sleep last night, but it went surprisingly well for the three of us to be at home and without the help of those awesome nurses who would give me a break after dark!

Thomas slept very well, but the insane winds and huge storms that blew threw (and are still here) last night kept my adrenaline going. That coupled with the fact that I forgot all about how nerve racking it is to have a newborn in the house. Is he breathing? What was that noise? Did he eat enough? Maybe I better just hold him to be sure!

I spent much of the night making sure that there were tiny little snores coming from our little man. Some of the night he even made it in his bassinet. Of course I was hanging over the end of our bed with my hand on his chest, but the time still counts.

Now, if we can just go for more than a few hours without having to change all of his clothes (and ours!) we should be good to go :)

Thomas eats and sleeps like a champ. And I have found that this round of parenting is much easier and less stressful. What a difference experience makes!

We send our love to all of you, and pictures will come as my energy level rises more and more.

2 Responses to "First Night At Home"

  1. Anonymous5:32 PM

    Glad to hear it's going well! I hope that you have a much better night tonight and get more sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous1:07 PM

    I still place my hand on my kids' chests before I go to bed just to make sure. I totally know that feeling of hanging over the bed with a hand in the bassinet checking for breathing! It's gotta be a universal mom thing.

    ReplyDelete

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel