Baby Update

I know I have shared pictures of Thomas, but I haven't really shared how he is. At the moment he is screaming in my ear. And, that is how we spend most of the day: him screaming and me with him strapped around my middle in the Snuggly trying to get him to calm down.

Sadly, he isn't a happy baby like Gracie was. Oh, he is loved and knows we will feed him and pick him up--but he doesn't coo or smile or look at all like he is happy here. Actually, he looks mad all the time. I guess he really does look like his father, or better yet--Grandpa!

I shouldn't say he doesn't smile. I got my first smile yesterday. I was taking a picture to mark his 5th week, and he smiled at me while I tried to get his attention. At least I have a permanent reminder that for one brief moment he was content :)

As for sleeping, he is still a good sleeper, but that is changing. He has begun to fight sleep, which can lead to even more screaming. Have I mentioned he screams--not cries--screams. I will have to video it once for you. I am keeping Advil in business these days.

Back to sleep. Most nights I get to sleep 2.5 hours at a time. He wakes every 3 hours to eat. I feed him, burp him, change him and he goes back to sleep until the next feeding. Now this isn't always the case, but nights are usually not that bad.

As I mentioned he eats every 3 hours and RARELY sleeps a moment past meal time. And, he takes 4 ounces at a time. That is so much more than he should get, but it is clear how hungry he is, and his scream will get louder and become panicked if you wait to long to get that bottle ready.

I make him sound awful, but we love him--especially his big sister. He has developed a poop problem (constipation) and spiting up (A LOT), but we have a plan that we hope will help. And, I know the screaming will stop eventually. It WILL stop won't it?! :)

Thomas loves his seahorse musical stuffy, and it really calms him down. As for other favorites, he is starting to like the bouncer, but not for the rocking, but the "friends" that hang from the activity bar. He will stare intently at the puppy and kitty that hang in front of him. I have put him in the swing, and he will be content for a few minutes, but he's not so sure about it.

So what does he like? Milk, seahorse, milk, hanging out in the Suggly (and killing my back!), milk..did I mention he likes to eat?! :)

On the possitive side, I found some awesome vintage outfits at a thrift store for $1 each that I can't wait to see him in! And, I found just what I was looking for in a differnt thrift store--a vintage Christening outfit!! I wouldn't ordinarily spend $5 on something he will outgrow, but I really wanted it.

By the way, I have neen rocking him in the Suggly while I typed this post one handed, and is now asleep. It's a good thing: my head needed a rest :)

2 Responses to "Baby Update"

  1. Anonymous5:06 PM

    He's so adorable, but I'm thankful for my lovely Lucie that poops and pees outside and SLEEPS all night every night. I'm thankful that our new family member is canine even though she weighs 20-30 pounds more than me. I'm thankful for just occasional barking that is easily stopped by just showing her a rolled up newspaper.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Earplugs, BJ. Earplugs. They help with hubby's snores and baby's screams. (And they keep you out of the Advil...) ;)

    ReplyDelete

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel