Gracie Gets Beautied

As I have mentioned before--I have no idea where she gets it from, and I am pretty sure Mallory is to blame! ;)

My little girly girl told me several months ago that for her birthday she wanted to go to the beauty parlor and get "beautied." So, yesterday I made the appointment and we arrived this morning at the JC Penny salon for her special day.

The ladies there were so nice and made a fuss over her. Ms. Lindsay trimmed her hair for me since the last time I tried it ended up so short because I kept trying to even it out as she moved!! (Actually, she said I did a good job and there was only 2 spots I slanted!)

After the trim, Lindsay started in on giving Gracie curls. I had no idea how much hair Gracie had!! It took quite a while to get all of the sections curled and beautiful. This was very neat to watch, and I kept checking on my birthday girl, and she would give me the biggest grin! She was loving every minute.

Lindsay fluffed out the ringlets and let Gracie take a look at herself. You could tell she felt like a princess, and with the other hairdressers and customers for an audience she was floating as I helped her off the chair.

Next were her nails. Lindsay let Gracie pick out her color. Even though I tried to convince her to go with a much more subtle pink, you can see that she got the bright color she wanted. As Lindsay reminded me "it is her day," and I shrugged while Gracie watched intently as her nails were painted.

You could have scrapped my child off the ceiling when we left the beauty parlor. I don't get the thrill, but I loved watching Gracie so happy. She really loved her present.

And, we couldn't really be a princess without a ride on the mall carousel--right?! So, we took a ride and she sat up tall and proud grinning from ear to ear.

Before we left the mall we also took some time to play in the indoor playground and grab some lunch. Gracie also got birthday phone calls from Grandma and Grandpa.

The day is starting out very well!!

3 Responses to "Gracie Gets Beautied"

  1. Anonymous12:39 PM

    Oh My Gracie!!! You look BEAUTIFUL!! Thanks to Mommy for sharing the pictures. It sure looks like you had a wonderful birthday.

    Love you,

    Snookie

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a great idea for a present! I'll have to remember that for Claire.

    Gracie looked like a princess!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11:01 AM

    Gracie,
    You look so beautiful!!! What a special day you had.

    ReplyDelete

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel