Gettin' Ready

Gracie, Thomas and I have spent much of the week getting ready for lots of company this weekend.

Okay, I have spent much of the week balancing Gracie and Thomas and trying to get anything done in addition to getting the house ready for company this weekend.

It is going to be such a special weekend as Thomas will be baptized at our church. A Christening is such a blessed event and it fills my heart with joy that we will finally have a chance to celebrate our son and his life.

My parents are driving 3 hours to come in for this event, and my brother and sister in law and 5 of their 7 children are driving more than 4 hours to be here.

I feel a little guilty as my parents have made this trip so many times this year. They were here when he was born, for Gracie's birthday, when we moved...and now they will load up again. But, I am finally starting to see the truth in my mothers instance that her grandchildren come first and she would drive 10 hours to see them--especially for once in a lifetime events like this.

My children are so lucky to have a set of grandparents who adore them so much and would move heaven and earth to be apart of their lives.

So, this weekend we will bless our son and share in so much love from friends and family that surround us. It is so easy for me to feel alone here in this house in this small town, but I find those reminders of how many people out there care about me and my children just when I need it most.

So, I hope that when everyone gets here things will be perfect....okay, I just hope the house is still standing and they can find an un-sticky place to sit :)

I am so lucky to have such wonderful people who will be celebrating life with all of us.

And, on a not-so-sappy note; I can't wait to put Thomas in the vintage Christening gown I got (where else but a thrift store?!!). And I found a pair of vintage Christening shoes in a box of memorabilia that I think were my grandfathers when he was baptized! I am gently stretching them out so my chunky monkeys feet can fit in them.

4 Responses to "Gettin' Ready"

  1. Candice3:50 PM

    I hope you all have a wonderful weekend. I'm sure Gracie is SUPER excited!!

    I hope Grandma, Grandpa, Uncle Brian, and his family...have a safe trip!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grandma and Grandpa7:14 PM

    We wouldn't miss such a special occasion for the world. We are so proud to have such wonderful grandchildren - and pretty remarkable children (all 4) as well! We are thankful and consider it an honor and privilege to be invited to special events and to be included in their lives. Many thanks!!
    See you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hope you had a great time! i was thinking abt you guys this weekend! (uh, and carrington just weighed in at 16!!) getting heavy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heather H.P.9:18 PM

    (FB) He is getting so big! I hope ya'll have a great weekend and good weather for the company and baptism!

    ReplyDelete

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel