Hanging On To Anything I Can


I know she is 5, but I will take any remnants of childhood that I can. Our little babies grow up so fast, and I still have moments of sadness when I see my very big Gracie who hardly resembles the cuddly baby, or lovable toddler I once knew.

So, when it comes to her little quirks, like those words she still mispronounces, I don't plan to correct her at all. She will be reciting Shakespeare soon enough!

Gracie's Adorable Vocabulary:

*Buh-sketti (spaghetti) n. her favorite meal ever!

*Res-tru-nk (restaurant) n. a place to eat. Among her favs Famous Anthony's, Applebee's & Olive Garden

*Thru-store (thrift store) n. Mommy's favorite places, and a treasure trove for both of us.

*Pepsi-Diet (Diet Pepsi) n. Mommy's drink. She has called it this for years and thinks all soft drinks are this. She knows it is sugar free.

*Cous-its (Cousins) n. Isaac, Sue Anna, Mark and Mathew who came into our lives last year when Uncle Brian married Aunt Dawn. Also: Mariah, DJ, Ryan & Casey

*Some-fin (Something) n. Something interesting usually. Usually follows "or." "....or some-fin like that."

*Gl-ubs (gloves) n. Some-fin you wear on your hands during the winter.

*Roller-poster (roller coaster) n. An amusement park ride which daddy not only rides, but takes Gracie with him!

Other Awesome Things About Gracie:

*Never stops talking

*Thinks 100 is the biggest number ever

*Has an imaginary friend named "Hello Kitty" and will tell you she is imaginary

*Is as stubborn as her mother

*Thinks the funniest joke is one she made up
G: "Knock, Knock!"
M: "Who's There?"
G: "Orange!"
M: "Orange Who?!"
G: (shouts) "YOU!!)
Ridiculous amounts of laughter

*Loves princesses and knows all about them

*Favorite colors are pink, pink, & pink

*Fears "shower thingy" (shower head and getting hair washed), "fuzzies" those plastic balls with hair (I could shoot the person that invented them because she won't go in stores or out of the house for fear she will see them!!!), and doctors (even though she hasn't seen one in 2 years).

*Can con you into just about anything

1 Response to "Hanging On To Anything I Can"

  1. Candice8:35 PM

    I don't know what the "fuzzies" are! You'll have to send me a pic of those.

    ReplyDelete

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel