Frazzled

I know I haven't blogged lately, and it isn't for a lack of fun and photos. And at some point when I am less "frazzled" I will fill you in with plenty of details.

For starters all of Gracie's preschool friends have gotten their Kindergarten letters from the school, but because we moved after her screening, I will have to wait for the letter to be forwarded. These children's mothers have all emailed me in an attempt to see which teacher Gracie had. I couldn't stand it anymore and called the school this morning, only to find out she isn't in a class with any of them!! You may remember that my only request was that she had someone else from Grasshopper Green in her class to make the transition smoother. Now, there are other kids from her preschool that I don't know about--but it is making me very anxious.

I looked online to get info on her Kindergarten teacher now that I know her name. She is BRAND NEW. So, no picture or info. I am forced to wait until orientation. And, I can only hope this isn't her first year teaching all together.

Now that I have her teacher's name I find myself in a real panic. I thought that reality set in when we got her school supplies. Nope. Now it has and I am watching the days diminish before my child gets on a bus and I will have no way of knowing what happens to her all day long.

Yes, Gracie is excited, yes she will do fine. Says the panicky lady who has never been more than a few hours away from her daughter, and only recently let her own mother take her daughter for an extended period of time.

This is my first baby, and I am not ready, I am not prepared, and I will cry if I want to!

Added to the chaos. I need a babysitter. I have NEVER needed a sitter before and am scrambling to figure out how to manage 2 separate events where Thomas needs to stay home.

Plus, I have tons of adorable pictures and plenty of info to share about our trip to Lynchburg and Thomas' 6 month check up...etc. But my computer is full and I can't remember how to make a picture DVD to get some of them off of her before downloading more. And poor Garren is working his toshy off and we are so exhausted in the evenings that we can't seem to find the time.

All of this no one really wanted to know, but I needed to get off my chest. I will update my blog when I can, which will hopefully be soon . Bare with me! :)

3 Responses to "Frazzled"

  1. actually its awesome if it is her first year teaching... they are so enthusiastic and excited & always have a special place in their hearts for their 1st class. 2 deep breathes... it will be ok!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Candice1:37 PM

    Do NOT ever worry about a first year teacher! That's the BEST case scenario in most instances. I'm serious. First year teachers work the absoulte hardest!!! I lived, ate, crapped, and breathed my kids and my job my first year. I did soooo much more that first year. I'm teaching with a first year teacher this year, and she reminds me sooo much... Read More of myself my first year. New teachers have to prove themselves and are going through their first year of evaluations. So, do NOT fret about the new teacher.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aunt Heather1:37 PM

    I think Candice is right...I know I'm not a teacher, but what I've noticed over the years is that the younger the teacher, the more patience she has. We have had both ends of the spectrum; a first year teacher, and a teacher in her last year before retirement. The older teacher had no patience at all and yelled ALOT. I love it when the kids get the new young teachers. It will be fine : D

    ReplyDelete

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel