She's Home!

She was 40 minutes late, but she is home safe and sound!

I was prepared for the bus to be late, as I noticed other mom's who blogged about back to school, mentioned they waited sometimes and hour for the bus on that first day.

I am proud to say I didn't panic as the dad next to me told me it was 4:00. They were supposed to be dropped off at 3:29. Nope, I waited until I saw that the bus that pulled up was #1 and not #14--and then I panicked!!

Of course Gracie got off the bus and you could see she was proud. She gave me the biggest hug and kiss and I told her how much I missed her.

I asked her about the bus number and she said "just for today!"

That was about all the conversation I got in. My motor mouth hasn't stopped yet, although you can clearly see how tired she is from her big day.

Today was library day and she proudly showed me the Clifford book she checked out. She ate most of her lunch, and she had a sticker on her dress for being good. In her backpack was a first day of school certificate, and a good napper certificate.


Mommy made a her a little card and baked her some bus cookies. I had planned on chocolate chip, but when we saw those Pilsbury Ready To Make cookies with buses on them--we had to get them! So she had her milk and cookies for snack.


And, I am not the only one glad to have her home. Thomas has been the biggest fuss-pot today. I know our schedule is off, but I really think he missed her. You have to love the look on his face when his sister got off the bus.

So, all in all she had a great day, and now it is off to finish our day and start all over again tomorrow.

Thank you so much for all of the friends and family who have sent me supportive emails and comments over the past few days, and for all of the prayers I know were said for Gracie and I. You will never know how much I appreciate them!


Oh, and I have added more pictures to her Kindergarten photo album from today. Click here.

2 Responses to "She's Home!"

  1. yay for both of you! I am so glad everything went well and that you can relax and enjoy the rest of the day with her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grandma8:24 AM

    Congratulations to Gracie and Mommy! Gracie, I think you will have another fun day today. Enjoy your time in Kindergarten.
    Mommy, after a few days, you and Thomas will get used to a new routine. Enjoy your time together. I'm sure you will be very busy getting Thomas ready for Kindergarten :)

    ReplyDelete

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel