Thomas' First Football Game


Thomas didn't have to wait until he was 5 years old to cheer for our Rams, he is already a purple fan at 7 months old.

Being the hermit crabs that we are, we waited until we had lived here for more than 5 years to go and watch the local high school football team. Well, we had so much fun with Gracie last year, that we decided to go again this year. And, hopefully we will see several more before the end of the season.

Thomas made it all the way through the halftime show before the tired crankies set in. I was so glad that he finally napped well today (for the first time this week!), so he could stay up and see all the colors and people. We took separate cars so that Gracie could stay later and enjoy more of the game.

Gracie, of course, had a great time cheering for the team and sported last years pom poms.

While watching the cheerleaders, and band, and the game was fun--clearly getting to sit with their favorite person in the world made the game much more fun. Nope, not mommy..."Aunt Ruth." We have decided to call her that now that she is one of the family.

Our minister also sat with us tonight and thanks to him each of my children have a purple mini Strasburg football. For a man who never played childhood sports--he can catch a ball in the stands :) He also got Gracie a purple cushion seat, so she was spoiled all night long!

We had a great family night, and I can't tell you how wonderful it was to share the experience with friends. I was thinking as I took a very sleepy Thomas home, that I don't feel so alone any more, and it is a great feeling. We have people who care about us and are glad to be in our lives --and we care about them. Who could ask for anything more?!

1 Response to "Thomas' First Football Game"

  1. Candice8:06 PM

    liIt sounds like yall had fun! I'm glad you ran into folks you know. "Aunt Ruth" is one lucky lady to know such sweet kids! Aunt Ruth, if you read this blog, spoil those kids for me. AND...sneak and give them sugar when Barbara isn't around or isn't looking!! Barbara, be somewhat thankful that you aren't in a town like I am. I can't go out of my driveway without running into someone that knows me. I can't ever make it out of a store without getting stopped!! Do you have any idea how many times I hear my name when we go to Wal-mart? (and we only go there 2 or 3 times a year)

    ReplyDelete

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel